Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: What Game Are You Currently Playing?

I have found the "best Minecraft seed" and I look forward to trying that out.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums...th-coordinates
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    @D1no: Have you played the 'Awakened' DLC for DS3, or is this your first playthrough of DS3?
    No, I haven't, this is (I guess was) my first playthrough xD But I needed to format my harddrive, and my saves got lost so I'll have to do it all over again xD

Is it good?
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    No, I haven't, this is (I guess was) my first playthrough xD But I needed to format my harddrive, and my saves got lost so I'll have to do it all over again xD

Is it good?
    Bummer about the hard drive. Good excuse to play some games over again tho.

I think it's pretty cool. You get 3 levels (all re-used locations, but meh), and a couple of new enemies which are pretty kick-ass. It actually continues the story tho, which is cool. And thankfully, all your weapons and inventory from your main campaign playthrough get carried over. I'm not gonna say much about it and spoil it for you, but I think it's worth the $7.00 I paid for it. It doesn't feel like a "cash-grab" dlc to me.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

^ Yeah, it is a good excuse, been thinking playing through Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II again

Well, if that's the case, I'm gonna play through, but there's some time that needs to pass by for me to play DS3 all over again, since I played through over 2/3 of the game, and I can't do it all over again right now xD

Are there any games you're excited that are coming out?
    signature image

^^^ I'm really looking forward to 'Alien: Isolation'. I love the first 'Alien' movie the best out of all of them, and I never played 'Colonial Marines' (I'm not a fan of FPS's) so I'm not in the "Bah! That series is ruined in video games!" mindset. I realize 'Isolation' will be in first-person, but it's survival horror this time around, which is my favorite genre. I've seen a couple vids of gameplay, and it looks great so far. I'm stoked.

Other than that, 'MGS: The Phantom Pain'. I haven't played 'Ground Zeroes' yet, as I still feel after all the "Oh, but get ALOT of content in that 1 level!"s that it's just a demo, and I refuse to drop more than $10.00 for a demo. I'll just wait for the 'Phantom Pain' special edition which includes 'Zeroes', 'cos you know that's going to happen.

One game currently out that I've really been wanting to play is 'Murdered: Soul Suspect'. I dig the concept, but just haven't gotten around to buying it yet. Combination of hearing fairly negative reviews, and trophy collecting on games I've already got, plus a few games I've got that I haven't even played yet due to getting wrapped up on other games like the 'Dead Space' series and 'Red Dead Redemption'. Yeah, those are "old" games now, but my PS3 is a new acquisition for me, so they're new to me.
    signature image

^ Yeah, that's how I felt when I first bought a new PC back in late 2012, I had all these games to play and everything was new to me xD But now I need a new graphics card to keep up, since I played all the games I wanted xD

Alien: Isolation seems cool too Colonial Marines was a wreck xD
    signature image

^^^^^ That's the only reason why I stick with consoles and not switch over to PC for gaming. It's just too expensive for me to keep everything up to date as far as sound cards, vid cards and whatnot. Just seems like too much of a hassle. There's a lot of games that are PC exclusive I'd like to play, but there's no way my little laptop could do them justice.
    Maybe one day I'll stop being so tight with the purse strings...

Finished 'Dead Space 2' last night and got my "Mission Impossible" trophy for beating it on Zealot mode. It wasn't bad until the last 4 levels. Anyone going for that trophy, keep plenty of health packs in your inventory for those, the last 2 especially. The enemies hit MUCH harder in that mode. I literaly had 1 hit point left and no med packs when I got to level 14, and because of the "Ubber Necro" that chases you, I didn't stop to pick any up on the way, just ran. I'd forgot there were no stores on level 14. It was rough.
    signature image

Well, once you buy it good, there's no need to upgrade for a good while, just like a console... My trouble was that my graphics card broke down, if it was still ok, I would be up and running, The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition would not be a problem xD

I'm currently installing Dragon Age: Origins, planning on replaying it :3 I'm thinking of being a rogue xD
    signature image

Red Face (Embarrassed)

I have a crappy PC dated around 2002!!!!
    What my pc is able to ''run'' is Counter Strike , Prince of Persia , TR's 1 - Anniversary.... . I'm planning to upgrade it and play TRU again , Max Payne , Battlefield , Drak Souls... Until then :

Damn, Prince of Persia was one of my favourite franchises on my old 2003 PC Great memories of the original trilogy :3
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Damn, Prince of Persia was one of my favourite franchises on my old 2003 PC Great memories of the original trilogy :3
    Indeed.... My favorite is The Two Thrones... :/

I started "The Last Of Us" a couple of nights ago. This is one of those games I'd heard and read so much about that I figured it'd either live up to the hype and be a great experience that I'd walk away raving about, or it'd fall 100% flat and bore me.

It has not lived up to the hype. The story is fairly predictable thus far (I've only just got outside the Capitol Building, level 3 or 4 I think), and has really had nothing memorable for me except the very beginning of the game. It's nothing new, really. Gameplay itself is alright, but more frustrating than enjoyable when it comes to combat. Why can I not break free of whatever-those-fungus-freaks-are-called's grasp? Why is it "You get grabbed, you get bit, you die"? The virus, yeah, but why even bother with hit points then? Why even give me a medi kit?

The voice acting is great tho. Joel teared me up in the intro (which I'm sure will be even sadder when the game comes to what I predict as him dying to save Elli), and I genuinely like and feel sorry for him. I'd love to go on about it, but I'd rather play a bit more first and then offer some more educated opinions.

Not really digging it so far tho. It seems to be another 'Heavy Rain'. THAT was a major let down. When I spend a couple of minutes in a video game making a grown man brush his teeth because he is apparently unable to do so himself, I'm done.
    signature image

I finally cracked and bought 'MGS5: Ground Zeroes'. After having hands on played it, I still stand by calling it a $30 demo. It's a good demo, as it does make me anxious for 'The Phantom Pain', but a demo nonetheless. I'd say after exploring the map for a bit, just seeing what I could find and do, I finished it up in two and a half hours. Like a lot of reviewers have said, you do get a lot in this demo, but I'm still not sure it's worth $30.

It was fun tho, and definitely has some changes in gameplay mechanics and controls of of MGS.

The Complaint Department lies within...
    signature image

I started "The Last Of Us" a couple of nights ago. This is one of those games I'd heard and read so much about that I figured it'd either live up to the hype and be a great experience that I'd walk away raving about, or it'd fall 100% flat and bore me.

It has not lived up to the hype. The story is fairly predictable thus far (I've only just got outside the Capitol Building, level 3 or 4 I think), and has really had nothing memorable for me except the very beginning of the game. It's nothing new, really. Gameplay itself is alright, but more frustrating than enjoyable when it comes to combat. Why can I not break free of whatever-those-fungus-freaks-are-called's grasp? Why is it "You get grabbed, you get bit, you die"? The virus, yeah, but why even bother with hit points then? Why even give me a medi kit?

The voice acting is great tho. Joel teared me up in the intro (which I'm sure will be even sadder when the game comes to what I predict as him dying to save Elli), and I genuinely like and feel sorry for him. I'd love to go on about it, but I'd rather play a bit more first and then offer some more educated opinions.

Not really digging it so far tho. It seems to be another 'Heavy Rain'. THAT was a major let down. When I spend a couple of minutes in a video game making a grown man brush his teeth because he is apparently unable to do so himself, I'm done.

WS, eventually you will be able to unlock abilities that will enable you to sneak up on, and attack the fungal infected, and one that will allow you to escape a fungal infected's attack.....I think it depends on how many shivs you have. Been a while since I played it. I do believe the number of shivs needed goes down as you increase that skill. Trust me, the game gets better.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Martok View Post
    WS, eventually you will be able to unlock abilities that will enable you to sneak up on, and attack the fungal infected, and one that will allow you to escape a fungal infected's attack.....I think it depends on how many shivs you have. Been a while since I played it. I do believe the number of shivs needed goes down as you increase that skill. Trust me, the game gets better.
    I figure it has to at some point, otherwise it wouldn't have been as critically acclaimed as it was/is. Then again, media can and has been swayed on some games...

Eventually I will finish it tho, as I tend to finish every game I start (except for 'Heavy Rain'), it just hasn't had that moment yet where it absolutely sucks me in. It's on the backburner right now, again, while I get a few of the 'Metal Gear' and 'Silent Hill' games out of my system again.
    signature image

BLASPHEMY! I loved both The Last of Us and Heavy Rain! But, alas, I guess to each their own, eh?
    signature image

Big Grin

TRLE MoA!

I never finished Heavy Rain either, but I thought it was a pretty good game. I did play the one DLC mini-campaign that had the chick as the main protagonist.

I enjoyed "Beyond: Two Souls" which seemed a bit more satisfactory of an experience than HR. (Not to mention, I freaking love Ellen Page! )

I hope you will find that the game has gotten better for you when you do get back around to playing TLoU, WinterSoldier.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Assassin Crreed
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroftFanForever View Post
    Assassin's Creed
    Which one?
    signature image

Tomb Raider Underworld and Crysis 3!!

'Lara Croft & The Guardian Of Light'. I'd played the demo and loved it a couple months ago, but funds were tight so I didn't purchase it. Then today I talked myself into dropping $20 on it. Was excited all day at work, looking forward to it. Get on the PlayStation Store, and there it was... for $4! Yes, it's mine now. And as soon as the weather lets up and the lightning all vanishes, my evening is planned...
    signature image

Beat Knack last weekend. I don't care what the critics say, this game is a real treat! I love the story, the characters and their voice acting (Jennifer Hale <3). Oh, and the gameplay ofcourse. A real -but fair- challenge at some points!

Right now I switched HDMI ports from PS4 to PS3 to play Dead Space 2. Unfortunately my DS1 ended up being a French/German copy, so I will have to skip that one. Yet I'm kinda glad, cause I can barely make it through DS2. I have the music off, sound effects almost off and I'm playing on casual. I'm trying to remind myself why I bought the entire DS trilogy while I'm no good at horror games. I survived various mini heartattacks so far.

''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

Morrowind, again and always a pleasure!

I'm currently playing the Hitman HD Trilogy. I've played Absolution, now I'm playing this.
    If you are reading this signature, you have just wasted 3 seconds of your life

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast