PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: One Time Password

Epsilonyx
14th Jun 2013, 10:29
So I got a beta email this morning, and I downloaded the client, but I can't log in for the life of me. It says invalid password, but I know for a fact it's not, so I know it's related to the one time password...which I did not purchase. Is there any way to get it for free or something?

jvdarula
14th Jun 2013, 10:43
Im have the same problem, can any one help out?

Cjbdaman
14th Jun 2013, 10:47
Same problem here

Fubar4585
14th Jun 2013, 10:48
Same. On the support page it says if it's under maintenence then it won't log you in.

member_10765872
14th Jun 2013, 10:49
im having the same problem.i forgot my password so i had to use my twitter to sign in but when i tried to send my password to my email,the website said "The characters you entered didn't match the word verification. Please try again".what characters?!i put in my email address and i'm suppose to get an email saying that i can change my password.*

Orion_Reeves
14th Jun 2013, 10:50
Hey guys, so i want to make sure were clear on something because if not i may be able to help. When you said you downloaded the client are you talking about the startup one from ps store or the actual beta client which happens to be a whopping 4.8Gb. Let me know as soon as you can.

jvdarula
14th Jun 2013, 10:53
Hey guys, so i want to make sure were clear on something because if not i may be able to help. When you said you downloaded the client are you talking about the startup one from ps store or the actual beta client which happens to be a whopping 4.8Gb. Let me know as soon as you can.

I just downloaded the startup client from psn, then when i go to enter my info to login it ask for se id, se password, and one time code. How do i get past this part?

member_10387190
14th Jun 2013, 10:54
i can't figure this out, theres not enough room for me to put in my email that i sign in with and i dont think the display name will work for it either

xRoxasx
14th Jun 2013, 10:56
Same issue. When i enter my sqaure enix account ti tells me that my ID or username is wrong but when i log into my account on the computer it works just fine. So does it have to do with the one time password

member_10411656
14th Jun 2013, 10:56
I'm also lost. I don't have a token code and the website says I need to register FFXIV first. However, we're on the Beta. WTF is going on?

member_10387190
14th Jun 2013, 10:58
idk whats going on exactly, but i do know thay they sent me a code from UK and im in the US. man my whole day is ruined now lol

Orion_Reeves
14th Jun 2013, 10:59
Ok seems allot of people are having trouble with this, and TBH i couldn't even log in on my computer because of the servers or Maintenance was a supposed issue. The Ps store downlaod is the startup procedure to the actual beta client. Make sure you are entering your ID (best used as that not e-mail i believe) Correctly type it slow put all caps and lower case letters in their respected places on id and Password...if this does not work i would Suggest waiting 10 to 15 minutes and trying the steps again as this is what i did and got in. Also alot of this i am sure is because everyones getting their codes and vast majority are excited so the servers are being "Bum Rushed" by all of us and as more and more people get in and arn't downloading the big client perhaps this will make it easier for others to finally get in and get going. i got 18 minutes left on download as of now.

** Goodspeed see you in Eorzea**** AKA-Sully Edgefield (char name)

warden1230
14th Jun 2013, 11:01
I'm having the same issues with mine as well also i think they sent me the wrong register info as well my email at the bottom of the page has London on the bottom. I dont know what the hecks going on honestly.

eXxonn-384120
I'm also having the same issue. Got my beta invite last night around 11:00P.M. PST and tried to log into the forums to download the client but couldn't even logged in. I was so frustrated because I KNEW my password was right. Glad to see it's not me being and idiot. Hope it comes up soon so I can download it!

Orion_Reeves
Ok seems allot of people are having trouble with this, and TBH i couldn't even log in on my computer because of the servers or Maintenance was a supposed issue. The Ps store downlaod is the startup procedure to the actual beta client. Make sure you are entering your ID (best used as that not e-mail i believe) Correctly type it slow put all caps and lower case letters in their respected places on id and Password...if this does not work i would Suggest waiting 10 to 15 minutes and trying the steps again as this is what i did and got in. Also alot of this i am sure is because everyones getting their codes and vast majority are excited so the servers are being "Bum Rushed" by all of us and as more and more people get in and arn't downloading the big client perhaps this will make it easier for others to finally get in and get going. i got 18 minutes left on download as of now.

No need to be alarmed the one time password is not the case here as i did not have one and have made it through and am already over halfway done with the Download. Read my other post to know a little more info..its the best i can give sorry there is no magic way to speed things up.

*** Sully

AutumnInJuly
14th Jun 2013, 11:03
So i got my beta email today, it's a us one made sure. Ok so all pumped i use the code it says to use in the playstation store, all good. I download the beta client thing then it says i need to finish three things before i can play

1.Set up my enix account

2. enter my registration code

3. Link my SEN account.

Ok so i hit next then it aks if i posses an enix account and i obviously do so i hit that option then it brings me to a screen where it asks for my enix ID, Enix pass and a one-time password. SO i enter in my ID and pass and it says i have an incorrect ID or pass....so i download the app on my smartphone for the secruity token to use for the onetime pass it tells me to log into the Square Enix account management system to set it up but that system says i have the wrong password....i know i"m typing it in i tried like eight times....I'm sitting here talking to you nice folk so i know i'm not crazy. someone please help, i looked forward to this all day and now i'm really bummed out.

member_10765872
14th Jun 2013, 11:13

No need to be alarmed the one time password is not the case here as i did not have one and have made it through and am already over halfway done with the Download. Read my other post to know a little more info..its the best i can give sorry there is no magic way to speed things up.

*** Sully

i dont have a ps3 so how do i get in.i keep on trying to sign in from the website but i keep on getting this message: "The characters you entered didn't match the word verification. Please try again." how do i get in

member_10411656
14th Jun 2013, 11:17
Here's the best solution:*

Wait until tomorrow to try again. It seems as if the servers are congested for now. Hopefully tomorrow the kinks will be worked out. Even if you do finally get in, the current download time is about 10 hours due to the amount of folks downloading. Damn shame.*

Orion_Reeves
14th Jun 2013, 11:18
Ok so your on PC trying to sign in, but it keeps giving you the same info saying its not correct and you have checked it several times i assume to make sure it is correct. Unfortunately i don't work for Square Enix (although i wish i could) so i can't really help you as my knowledge is limited as to what the problem really is..but once i still believe this is being casue by the mass of people trying to log in download etc whatever its simple server stress..and if thats not the case than i really at this point have no idea what is.* I am sorry that i cannot be of more help. Best wishes This will be my last post on the matter as i can do nothing more than give you hope and tell you to keep trying.

Mako_hanzo
14th Jun 2013, 12:15
i didnt have a problem, already have 3500mb *downloaded on ps3, but i did change my password before i went to link my account bcus i couldnt remember it, and was using facebook to login all this time, so maybe changing ur password may help, could be a possibility or i can be wrong.

demyxx
14th Jun 2013, 12:19
No.

Unles you are 1.0 user then you do NOT need on time.

PS. Your forum name is not your user name.

Just put your SE user and PW and skip the One-time.

eXxonn-384120
14th Jun 2013, 12:19
i didnt have a problem, already have 3500mb *downloaded on ps3, but i did change my password before i went to link my account bcus i couldnt remember it, and was using facebook to login all this time, so maybe changing ur password may help, could be a possibility or i can be wrong.

I changed my password 4 times last night. They locked my account because I changed it so much. :P

Mako_hanzo
14th Jun 2013, 12:25

I changed my password 4 times last night. They locked my account because I changed it so much. :P

LOL that sucks bro well i cant figure out the problem, i got mine to work, just trying to see if i can help a few ppl lol but i do hope u got in now tho

Pipegoon
14th Jun 2013, 12:45
I have a third line asking for a one time password. *It appears to be mandatory. *Where do I get this.thanks

Grimoire
14th Jun 2013, 13:39
Contact [SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Support]*support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=496&la=1)

iamthejedifox
14th Jun 2013, 14:32
Iv been trying to log in but I don't have a one time! And I don't know what to do!!!!!! I must play

Ryoutoshi
14th Jun 2013, 14:55
So i got my beta email today, it's a us one made sure. Ok so all pumped i use the code it says to use in the playstation store, all good. I download the beta client thing then it says i need to finish three things before i can play

Ok so i hit next then it aks if i posses an enix account and i obviously do so i hit that option then it brings me to a screen where it asks for my enix ID, Enix pass and a one-time password. SO i enter in my ID and pass and it says i have an incorrect ID or pass....so i download the app on my smartphone for the secruity token to use for the onetime pass it tells me to log into the Square Enix account management system to set it up but that system says i have the wrong password....i know i"m typing it in i tried like eight times....I'm sitting here talking to you nice folk so i know i'm not crazy. someone please help, i looked forward to this all day and now i'm really bummed out.

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. I can't register my beta code or log into the game on my ps3 because of some one time password. Forums and support articles say that your supposed to be able to skip this if you don't have a toekn thing but it's required for me. And I can't get into Account Management to try and fix things because I need the one time password. I tried Support chat and got no one. Tried Phone support and was on hold for 57min before I hung up because it was wasting my minutes. Now I'm just hoping for a quick response via email.

Why would they activation password requirements for people who have no idea what it is or have the equipment to get it? You can't even purchase a hardware version because you need a one time password to get into Account Management where the order form is. This is stupid!

kiblaze
14th Jun 2013, 15:18

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. I can't register my beta code or log into the game on my ps3 because of some one time password. Forums and support articles say that your supposed to be able to skip this if you don't have a toekn thing but it's required for me. And I can't get into Account Management to try and fix things because I need the one time password. I tried Support chat and got no one. Tried Phone support and was on hold for 57min before I hung up because it was wasting my minutes. Now I'm just hoping for a quick response via email.

Why would they activation password requirements for people who have no idea what it is or have the equipment to get it? You can't even purchase a hardware version because you need a one time password to get into Account Management where the order form is. This is stupid!

I'm having the same exact problem. I can get to the login page for PS3 but it's asking me for a one-time password as well... which ofc I do not have seeing as this is my first online Final Fantasy game. I made this account back in December to register Theatrhtym (3DS) to my account. I have read through this entire thread and still haven't been able to download this beta client. :l

member_10334958
14th Jun 2013, 15:23
I just posted this on another thread, but it might help here too so I figure I'll share it.

I was having the same issue, but with a little research I was able to get everything to work. Here's what I found:

One time codes are basically an extra security feature that they seem to have added in, and the only way to get one is to buy a $10 keychain thing, or to have played XI or the other XIV, and then you can download an app for it. It basically works by (from my understanding) generating unique code each login, that way your account is extra safe.

You DO NOT need this code to login on the ps3, just input the correct login and password to your squeenix account and leave the one time code box blank.

I had to login to the Square Enix Account Management System in order to register my country, but after that my code worked just fine, and the 4.8 gig package is downloading now.

member_10411656
14th Jun 2013, 15:26
I finally was able to log in a few hours ago and was 1/3 through the download when I got a message that the files could not be located from the server after God knows how many hours of downloading... Very frustrating.*

Ryoutoshi
14th Jun 2013, 15:42
I just posted this on another thread, but it might help here too so I figure I'll share it.

I was having the same issue, but with a little research I was able to get everything to work. Here's what I found:

One time codes are basically an extra security feature that they seem to have added in, and the only way to get one is to buy a $10 keychain thing, or to have played XI or the other XIV, and then you can download an app for it. It basically works by (from my understanding) generating unique code each login, that way your account is extra safe.

You DO NOT need this code to login on the ps3, just input the correct login and password to your squeenix account and leave the one time code box blank.

I had to login to the Square Enix Account Management System in order to register my country, but after that my code worked just fine, and the 4.8 gig package is downloading now.

Thanks for the info. I still need to get it fix though. I can log into the PS3 now so thanks. But I can not get into Account Management or Purchase a One time code thing because it requires me to enter one to get into it for some reason. But thanks for getting me some form of forward momentum going. Hopefully Support gets back to me soon.

EDIT: Sorry I lied. Wont let me log into the game through PS3. I keep the OTP empty and it says my info is wrong.*

Abrontes001
14th Jun 2013, 15:53
1 time password can be obtained through an app that you download on your phone. But it requires a registration code which you can get by loggin in to the account management of square enix. But here's my problem. The account management also requires a 1-time password. Smh I'm stuck

Emko63
14th Jun 2013, 16:02
You should not be required to enter the one-time password if you never set one up. It is not a requirement, rather an optional security feature. However, if you did, in the past, set-up the one-time passwordn (you would know if you did), you may be required to enter it where prompted.*

songstonecrystal@yahoo.com
14th Jun 2013, 16:12
I'm having issues trying to place in my Squar Enix ID in but it won't accept the email I used

K1SSOFD3ATH24
14th Jun 2013, 16:35
Yeah im having the same problem too i had thought it was just me :/

VigilantSteve
14th Jun 2013, 17:41
I am also having this issue. It will not let me skip the one time code, even though I don't have one and have no way of obtaining one...

Amherkt26
14th Jun 2013, 17:50
Having the same issue but i read that you dont need the one time passcode and i know someone who logged in without putting the one time passcode. so i am not entirely sure what is wrong

DrPeeper
14th Jun 2013, 17:56
So I got a beta email this morning, and I downloaded the client, but I can't log in for the life of me. It says invalid password, but I know for a fact it's not, so I know it's related to the one time password...which I did not purchase. Is there any way to get it for free or something?

Im Having the same problem for the PS3 loggin issues, saying that the password is not correct thoe i know its right, and then it locks me out for several min. Very Frusterating. Also this one time password thing is annoying i dont evn have one.

nekoshinigami
14th Jun 2013, 18:02
in your beta confirmation email, click the link that brings you to account management. when it says invalid id or password, click the "i dont have an account" link to create a new account. enter your same username and password, mostlikely your username will say it is available, register the new account using all your current info, and then you are good to go.*

I had this trouble also, was angry, couldn't log in, wanted to smash my keyboard. after several hours on the pc and ps3 i tried this and it worked fine. now i can log in, however it says there is maintenance going on right now... so i cannot use my beta code, but i did get past log-in finally.

Aslo the "one time pass code" is irrelevant. simply skip this. unless you are a previous player of ffxi or ffxiv. basically if you dont know what it is dont use it cause you dont have it lol.

hunterp88
6th Jul 2013, 11:54

*** Sully

So I don't have to have a one time password to login, i just have to type in everything but my one time?

hunterp88
6th Jul 2013, 11:55

*** Sully

bluedragon2320
17th Aug 2013, 12:24
how am i supposed to get the one time password key if i cant enter a code for a game that is not even out yet i pre-ordered through gamestop. only code i got was for early release. :mad:

bbam68
17th Aug 2013, 13:05
Aye! How are we suppose to play the Open beta when you go to the official FFXIV web site then sign up it takes u to here https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account but it here it ask for a One-Time Password. it would appear to purchase this you need to go through your square enix account I have tried following the instructions posted on that link but there is no square enix management system to buy it. what is the deal here? Bluedragon2320 I am not asking you this I am replying to your thread only for the admin's to see this. it would appear the only way to get in this beta is to buy the ONe-Time Password if so this defeats the purpose of a free beta also it seems impossible to digitally buy one of these items. I have already purchased the Collectors Edition from the PSN (PS3) and my two accounts are already linked. what is it that I am actually suppose to be doing next? its not like Square Enix is sending the information Via email to all the members who have an account its like try to figure it our on your own. please Help.

Norendr
17th Aug 2013, 16:20
The one time password, leave it blank unless you have an authenticator.

Pelasgos
22nd Aug 2013, 16:37
While i have registered my FF XIV ARR and it shows as registered game in my ccount, when i try to follow the steps to install the software of one time password, it says that im not registered and i need to buy FF 14 to do so...

Is there something wrong ? or its just not working right now and it will work after the games release?

Thanks in advance....

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 16:50
Do you have an account here: https://secure.square-enix.com/account ? And after you redeemed your Pre-Order code, did you register the second code you were given (20 digit code for PC) to that account if you already have one?

HEC007
22nd Aug 2013, 16:57
Actually 20 digit code for preorder items will not give you acccess to use the One time password - that would activate after redeeming the code from the game box (the same used to get 30 inclusive sub).

Pelasgos
22nd Aug 2013, 21:00
HEC007, i didnt buy the game box...i bought the game on line...the sent me a 20 digit code...in my account it says REGISTERED GAMES: 1 and beneath that its the game...but when i try to follow the steps to activate the one time code, it says that i m not registered...i have no idea what to do

HEC007
22nd Aug 2013, 21:07
I suppose that the registration will be not available until live date (27 August) then, We al lhave the "registered" game there but that's only early access at the moment.

Mallust
22nd Aug 2013, 21:09
You cannot attach those security things until after the 27th when you will actually register your game. All you have done now is Pre Register for Early Access then the second code was for Early Access. Now on the 27th you will go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&ref=cis_na_login&svcgrp=Service_SEA and Register your account fully then after that you will be able to Assign Tokens and the like.

ttuskey
23rd Aug 2013, 04:06
I've gotten by so far (logging in, registering, etc..) by leaving these blank.
What in the world are these, and are they optional?

Brigit
23rd Aug 2013, 04:08
There will be an option available to either purchase a fob, or download an application to your phone that will generate an additional password to use when logging in.
This is mostly for security. The theory, is that since you have the unique key generator, anyone attempting to hijack the account would have to have the key generator.

Mallust
23rd Aug 2013, 04:08
Its a optional item either thru a little key chain thing you can order or a app for smartphone its just a extra security measure that is totally optional. But it cant be used until Full registration of the games on the 27th. Hope that helps. Personally after registration on the 27th I will be using one. Its no fun getting your account Hacked.

jabbywocks
23rd Aug 2013, 21:54
I pre-ordered, registered, downloaded.. but now i need a one-time password. I log into the account manager and it won't let me download the smart phone app. It says that I haven't registered a game, but I have. When I got to "confirm account services" it tells me my game is registered. But when I go back to the one-time password page, it still says:

"You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code."

Help? :(

Whippyice
23rd Aug 2013, 22:00
have you got a security token or mobile app already registered to your square enix account ?
if you haven't resisted either to your account on the account management system you could just log in without anything in the one time password box :)

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account go there
go to the security token or one time password section got to add or adjust or something like that then register our app/token

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 22:01
I pre-ordered, registered, downloaded.. but now i need a one-time password. I log into the account manager and it won't let me download the smart phone app. It says that I haven't registered a game, but I have. When I got to "confirm account services" it tells me my game is registered. But when I go back to the one-time password page, it still says:

"You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code."

Help? :(

If you have not registered a One-Time Password, then you do not need to enter one :D You will only be flagged to enter one if a One-Time Password Security Token or Security App is applied to your account already, which registration for those will go live again on the 27th to my knowledge. Just log in normally, no One-Time Password needed.

jabbywocks
23rd Aug 2013, 22:07
Ah! Thanks! I was under the impression that this was somehow a requirement to enter the game. It was driving me mad trying to figure it out :)

Whippyice
23rd Aug 2013, 22:13
Silly Goose lol
glad we could help
:)

warkevsan
23rd Aug 2013, 22:57
security tokens have been suspended as of august 26th- september 1st due to price changes. so no need to worry about one till next month

Astrolia1284
24th Aug 2013, 22:17
I'm in an infinite loop. I have my pre-order 20 digit early access code. I have registered it. But on the account management page, under "one-time password" I can't use/register the iPhone app because "You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code"

I finally found where I "think" you enter the 20 digit code (in order to register on the Account Management site) under Services and Options > Select Service > FINAL FANTASY XIV. However it says "Code registration currently unavailable." Is this an ongoing issue with the heavy usage? Or something I have done incorrectly. Is this even where I need to be looking in order to register to be able to use the iPhone App?

I was able to download the client but can't proceed without a one time password, and can't get that without the other steps I have previously stated. As I said, I am stuck...

Thanks

ScottWinz
24th Aug 2013, 23:25
Hey guys

could do with a little help

just purchased ARR and got my early access code through!... GREAT!

i ran the installation but it has not came up with the following

"Square Enix ID"
"Square Enix Password"
"one-Time Password"

now the 1st 2 are straightforward but what is this one-time password??? i am majorly confused s to how i get this?? and i cant continue installation until i have enterd one?

helP??

Squigibo
25th Aug 2013, 00:52
One Time Password = Authenticator

If you don't have an Authenticator attached to your account, disregard. It's a confusing term.

LayfonBushin
25th Aug 2013, 02:06
How do i get an authenicator... I have already registered it to my account downloaded the client and I downloaded the app for my phone.. What the heck

S3raphx
25th Aug 2013, 04:33
I agree with Spaghetti, I can't login into the authenticator on my phone because it needs an authenticator code from the account management system which I don't have.

This is confusing...

Sefryn
26th Aug 2013, 21:51
I need to log into my account so i can set up the one-time password app that i just downloaded onto my phone. To log into my account, i have to have a one-time password. to get a one-time password, i have to set up the one-time password app. To set up the one-time password app, i need to log into the account management page. To log into the account management page, i need a one-time password.

does anybody see the problem in this? just me?

also, is there a way to find out my ID? i know the email and password for my account. I tried having the ID sent to my email, but i just ended up changing my password to a new one.

Literally nothing has been working out when it comes to Square-Enix and myself and i'm just contemplating taking a 30 dollar loss and never touching this god-forsaken company again.

Sefryn
26th Aug 2013, 22:13
might i also add that customer service for square is almost non-existent. My estimated wait time to speak with a rep is only growing, and i don't think i'm ever getting an email anytime within the week.

lantsw
27th Aug 2013, 00:49
I'm going thru the same ****. I'll let you know if i figure it out. But it's good to know i'm not alone in this retarded situation.

Sid-02
27th Aug 2013, 15:09
Been trying for a few hours to log into square enix on the game.

Seen a lot of people are having trouble with the one time password.

I left it out and I worked.

Not everyone has the one time password so leaving it blank will help.

Thanks

Hippy_Pickle
27th Aug 2013, 15:12
I'm not sure if this only applies once we have got a subscription? I was wondering if for the 30 days free we would just use normal ID + password and not need the one-time password until we have bought our first subscription.

scuba93d
28th Aug 2013, 05:39
same problem can anyone help!!! impossible to play this game

JinRong
28th Aug 2013, 08:00
hi guys, this is my first time get my hands on SE's game. All the while been playing World of Warcraft but quit playing it 9 months ago. Now I am giving this game a try. Just bought a CE version whole package. But there is one problem, I did not read properly on the CE package box and I thought is from NA thus I went ahead to create account registered under NA. After keying in the 10 digits serial number behind the Security Token and One Time Passwords, it asks me to key in the Registration Code and I did it but it says the Registration Code is not for this region(my account registered under NA) but then I realized it that the Registration Code is for EU region.
Well, I created another account under EU region using other email address but this time it doesn't allows me to use the serial number .
well, now I am very confused that I have no idea what to do next..... can any kind hearted person please help me?

jdsandiego
28th Aug 2013, 09:50
I have a similar problem! Just bought the collector's edition with a token included. I need to register the token in order to use it and play the game...but I need a one-time password to log in to the account management system, which is where I am supposed to register the token!!! Same problem with my ID! Please let us know if you can figure this out!

Freija5
28th Aug 2013, 11:06
cant log into game online. its asking for a one time password. what the hell is that? don't know who to contact, like customer service doesn't seem to exist. please help :confused:

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 11:09
cant log into game online. its asking for a one time password. what the hell is that? help :confused:

I don't think we need it until you buy your first subscription. It's an added security feature, details are available via the SE account management website, you either buy a security token or download the free app (only available once game is registered).

Have you tried logging in with just your SE ID and normal password? (leaving one-time blank)

Freija5
28th Aug 2013, 11:17
hi, tried with just my password but it doesn't work, the game is registered. i'll have another look. thankyou x

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 11:17
The One Time Password is generated by a Security Token, if you don't have one leave the box empty it doesn't have to be filled in unless you have a Token.

These came with the V1 CE edition (IIRC) or can be purchased separately, they're designed to help you avoid having your account stolen but are entirely optional.

Rancyz
28th Aug 2013, 11:59
Entering a one time password isn't mandatory.

Rancyz
28th Aug 2013, 12:53
... You are not required to enter a one time password to be able to log in, and it's not retarded either.

also, is there a way to find out my ID?
There is already a thread about this, but you can find out what your given Enix username is, go to:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account

Login with your e-mail address in all letters lowercase. I noticed that having upper case for my email did not work.

Here is a picture of what you will see when you are logged in. Circled in red is your Enix ID you use to log in the game, and log in the Enix site.
http://imgur.com/CGAizud

See if that works.

Squigibo
28th Aug 2013, 15:08
it's the same as a security token, there's this question mark thing right to the field that explains this.

beNatural
29th Aug 2013, 15:45
Guys.. u have to activate your Security-Token @ Square Enix Homepage.

If u haven't it, u still don't need your Onetime-Password. Just use your normal password without any other one.

DrHats12
2nd Sep 2013, 21:08
Hey. I have recently bought FFXIV:ARR for my ps3. I put in my code, linked my psn account, signed up on here, put the code in to link with the game, and now that I reached the log in screen, it's now telling me that I need a one time code. What is that? I never got or even heard of a one time until this point. There are only two options, one for those who have an account and one for those who don't. But the top one is also saying I must have played the first version, which I didn't. Is there a third option that was supposed to be there? Or where can I get the one time code from? Thanks.

Nyxa75
2nd Sep 2013, 21:14
Did you buy a physiacl copy of the game and use the code on the back of the booklet that's inside the case?

DrHats12
2nd Sep 2013, 21:19
I bought the physical copy and it asked me for the code from the get-go. I put it in and put the other one in, that came with it for this site. Now, it's just asking for a third 6 digit code, which I didn't receive at any point.

Nyxa75
2nd Sep 2013, 21:23
I bought the physical copy and it asked me for the code from the get-go. I put it in and put the other one in, that came with it for this site. Now, it's just asking for a third 6 digit code, which I didn't receive at any point.

Oh I think I know what your talking about, when you log in there is the slot for your user name, your password and the one time user code, that's an extra security measure, some players have the code keychain or the app on thier phone that gives you a 6 digit code. I never used that and just left that empty when I made my account and when I linked in, ect ect ect

DrHats12
2nd Sep 2013, 21:34
It worked! Turns out that Square Enix got my username wrong, calling me DrHats9 instead of 12, for some reason. Anyway, thanks.

Nyxa75
2nd Sep 2013, 21:35
It worked! Turns out that Square Enix got my username wrong, calling me DrHats9 instead of 12, for some reason. Anyway, thanks.

I didn't do anything, but I'm gald you got it fiured out.

simme97
2nd Sep 2013, 21:37
did you still need that one time code?
or did you just leave it empty

DrHats12
2nd Sep 2013, 21:43
I didn't do anything, but I'm gald you got it fiured out.
Well, I wouldn't of known that the 6 digit code was optional if you hadn't of said. And simme97, you don't need the one time code to login. I just did it now.

simme97
2nd Sep 2013, 21:44
ok thanks mate

Sutton1
8th Sep 2013, 20:33
LOl I had the same problem just enter ur I'd then password and leave the one time pass word empty

Zardain
16th Sep 2013, 00:56
I just had a ruff day fighting this. Never got the verification email. Had no Enix ID. Couldn't sign in to Square Enix Account Management System with my email and password. and didn't have the registration password.

it may have just been perfect timing, but I logged in http://na.square-enix.com/us/ and updated my password and got my verification email as soon as I did that. then I could log into SE account management using the ID and password with no-one time password and I could start up the game, put in the ID and password with no registration password and now things are moving forward... after 7 hours of failed attempts.

it would say. a verification email has already been sent to this email address. please wait and try again in 24 hours. or something before my significant break through. (I am trying to hit all the words that I googled in hopes the next lost soul will find this) good luck :)

IzakuCruz
21st Sep 2013, 16:09
When I follow the steps to register for the Software Token on the account management site, I can't log in. I fill in all the fields except for "One-Time Password" since I don't have one(as far as I know). What am I supposed to do from here?

jabbywocks
22nd Sep 2013, 07:53
Well, you don't need a one time password in order to install or run the game. It's totally optional. Just skip that field and you should be able to install

Matthew822
25th Sep 2013, 02:48
I just bought Final Fantasy a Realm Reborn on my ps3, a digital download and never recieved a one time code. I recieved a few email confirming my purchases and have been charged and can access the game but I can't log in without the code.

TheRealKraggy
25th Sep 2013, 06:36
You misunderstand what the 'one time password' is.

It's only used when you have a Security Token which generates a unique (aka. 'one time') password every time you use it, it isn't something you get when you buy the game. :)

If you have set up an SE Account and the game is registered in the Mog Station then the name username and password you log into the account will also log you into the game.

OzzieIssacs
27th Sep 2013, 00:51
i was confused as well. i thought it was a password i had to make up on the spot for a one time use (not sure why, i know it sounds dumb as hell haha). and now my account is locked because i had entered in a password that didnt technically exist so i cant log into the game i just bought. it keeps telling me it has sent an email to give me the steps to retract the suspension but i still have not received an email from them...and it has been at least 5 hours since. i know it was my fault for not paying attention but this really sucks. i was super excited to play but now i have to wait for support to contact me and they dont seem to be very quick... :/

TheRealKraggy
27th Sep 2013, 06:58
I'm surprised your entering something into the one-time box caused SE's account system to block you, but then SE's account system is full of surprises. :(

Having had an SE account for years and knew what this was I didn't give it a moment's thought, however had this been a new concept to me I'm not sure i wouldn't have fallen into the same trap, or at least fretted I'd not received one as Matthew the OP was.

OzzieIssacs
27th Sep 2013, 18:32
i appreciate the sympathy haha. when i log in it says log in is suspended and that en email has been "sent", as in already on the way, to give me instructions on how to lift this restriction. i STILL have no received that email. after submitting a ticket yesterday i finally received an email this morning about how they received my ticket and will get back to me within 2 business day...its friday, so im assuming i wont be able to play until monday or tuesday...im royally pissed off about this haha. from what i understand there are UI issues and such so im sure the "support team" is busy with all of that. i just feel like i wasted my money at this point. i know that ill get to play eventually but i wanted to play yesterday and now, because of the weekend, i have to wait almost a week to play. i could have bought it next week. i guess ill go play some world of warcraft instead hahaha.

Truls_Rohk
29th Sep 2013, 04:37
Trying to start A Realm Reborn for 1st time on PS3. It is asking for Square Enix ID which I know. Then Square Enix Password which I also know. Then it wants "One-Time Password." I don't know what that is or how to find it. When I try to enter one it must be six digits or less. Help please. I am very frustrated to say the least. Very close to returning the game.

Hippy_Pickle2
30th Sep 2013, 08:25
You don't need the one-time password to log in, this is only used if you have a security token (or free software token). You just enter your username and password and leave the one-time blank :)

xlostsoulsx
14th Nov 2013, 14:17
Hey all

I really need help as i want to play final fantasy. I forgot my emergency password as well. Can someone help me?

xlostsoulsx
14th Nov 2013, 14:49
bump!

TheRealKraggy
14th Nov 2013, 19:04
If you really forgot something as critical as your emergency password then should you really be using the Internet?

You'll have to contact SE Customer Support, no one here can help you.

xlostsoulsx
15th Nov 2013, 08:08
How do i even dial the number using the phone? What do i press to call them?

xlostsoulsx
15th Nov 2013, 08:23
bump

Hippy_Pickle
15th Nov 2013, 10:52
Please don't 'bump' posts as this is against the forums TOU (Terms of Use).

As Kraggy has stated the only option you have is to contact SE customer support, no-one on this website can assist you with security token (or any other account related) issues.

I've mentioned in several posts in the past the importance of writing down the 'Emergency Token Removal Password', without this there is no way to reset/reinstall the software token. You have to contact customer support directly and after verifying your account details they can remove the token from your SE account, this will then let you get back in with just your ID and normal password. After this you can get a new token registration code and set it up again.

xlostsoulsx
15th Nov 2013, 11:59
Please don't 'bump' posts as this is against the forums TOU (Terms of Use).

As Kraggy has stated the only option you have is to contact SE customer support, no-one on this website can assist you with security token (or any other account related) issues.

I've mentioned in several posts in the past the importance of writing down the 'Emergency Token Removal Password', without this there is no way to reset/reinstall the software token. You have to contact customer support directly and after verifying your account details they can remove the token from your SE account, this will then let you get back in with just your ID and normal password. After this you can get a new token registration code and set it up again.

Ok. Thanks for that. I will try again in 3 hours time since it is not open yet

xlostsoulsx
15th Nov 2013, 14:17
Why am i still hearing voice mail?

DEMOIN23
14th Dec 2013, 08:01
do i need a One Time Password to play final fantasy XIV on playstation 3

Hippy_Pickle
16th Dec 2013, 10:03
No, that is used for the security token which you either buy the physical token or download the free software token (for iPhone or Android). So you can just log in with your usename and normal password but I would highly recommend setting up the security token to add more protection to your account. Please make sure you log into the account management website after setting up the token though and make a note of the 'Emergency token removal code', this is VITAL in case there is ever a fault on the software app or your phone is lost/stolen.

Grim327
22nd Feb 2014, 17:21
Alright, I'm new to both FF and the SE site. I saw the FFXIV beta on my PS4 so I figured I would try it out. The beta downloaded fine and such, and when I went to create an SE account everything was fine UNTIL it supposedly sent a confirmation email to put in a code saying I got it. The email never came and now I must wait 24 hours before I can be sent another one. I was aggravated at first, but then I decided to try the facebook log in. That worked (I don't know how) so I figured I would try to say I already have a SE account, but when I go to log in on FFXIV there is a one-time password field that I don't know anything about.

Could someone shed some light on this issue and whether or not I can do anything to fix it? Thanks a bunch and looking forward to getting into the series.

stormzilla813
22nd Feb 2014, 19:54
Cause I don't have a smartphone and think it's a little ridiculous to have to purchase a security token in order to play a game I purchased at the store. If anyone knows of how I can do this, let me know. If not, guess I got to wait til monday to speak with support. So far though, bad first impressions.

BohemianHarlot
22nd Feb 2014, 21:45
Ok, so I downloaded the Final Fantasy game from PS4 and it stated that I must have an account in order to play so, I came to the actual website, created my account and no problems. When I went back to the game it prompted me for my User ID, password and the One Time Password. WTH?!? Ok, so I went searching high and low for this mysterious One Time Password and found out that I can't do ANYTHING including change MY password without this One Time Password. I have tried everything possible - using the nerfed User ID that was sent in my email, my password and a generated One Time Password = NOTHING. I tried my choosen User ID and same scenerio = NOTHING. Tried both nerfed User ID and the User ID I signed up with and the One Time Password in both fields (since it auto fills both fields) and again = NOTHING.

I'm so highly annoyed by this One Time Password crap and not being able to log-in to ENJOY the game that I'm about to delete the whole bloody thing and say screw it. This isn't fun and when it's not fun anymore, I don't want anything to do with it. So, can SOMEONE please direct me with explicit directions on how to log into this highly annoying game that I was once super excited about playing?

BohemianHarlot
22nd Feb 2014, 21:49
Never mind, I just read that it costs $10.00 just to log into the game.... Yeah, no thank you! I'm deleting the game.

Shio_323
23rd Feb 2014, 01:22
apparently we like it we just buy the game for steam and so damn second pass can not get the program Download the phone and I can not include the account for the activator

Kris29
24th Feb 2014, 06:56
Its funny how this was shown in PS4 store was a DEMO and BETA. But 10 dollars? **** that ****.

Hippy_Pickle
24th Feb 2014, 11:36
Cause I don't have a smartphone and think it's a little ridiculous to have to purchase a security token in order to play a game I purchased at the store. If anyone knows of how I can do this, let me know. If not, guess I got to wait til monday to speak with support. So far though, bad first impressions.

You don't need the one time password or security token to log in, just leave it blank. It is only used IF you have a token and want to further secure your account, it is totally OPTIONAL, you don't have to purchase one or have a smartphone in order to play the game.

starkillerA7X
24th Feb 2014, 23:29
So this is my first time ever playing final fantasy 14 A realm reborn and the first day i got on i was never asked about a one time password. I just had to do some registration and that's it. I get off and the next day I'm pissed because i need a one-time password to play this. I searched about it and i got in more rage. Why was i never given a one time password?! are you serious? where can i get one and how?! this is stupid. am i the only one with this issue?

Hippy_Pickle
25th Feb 2014, 09:02
You're not the only one with the issue as this is a common misconception when trying to log in. You don't need the one-time password, just leave it blank to log in. This is only used if you have the Square-Enix security token, either physical or the software app, for people that don't have one then just leave the field empty.

I did post this exact same information before you did this post (straight after my post saying you don't need it!)

Mizuki_Yun
26th Feb 2014, 05:41
I was worried win that showed 'one time password' alright I have to admit I was Absent for a long long long time and seeing that did scare me a bit but I had to look up to see if we need it and we don't maybe if they put up a note saying we don't need it would be helpful or else they are going to have players get in contact with them or on the forums asking about this

Pharis81
26th Feb 2014, 19:10
I'm having the same problem. I tried leaving the one-time password blank, but it didn't work.

xRaible
26th Feb 2014, 23:03
Why is logging on to this game so difficult? It absolutely refuses to allow me to type in my complete email address (the user name I use here to log on) and doesn't appear to like my "Nickname" either. What am I supposed to use for my ID?

AlexiusMeinong
27th Feb 2014, 20:33
xRaible: Your "Nickname" is not the same as your "ID". That stumped me also for a couple hours. Then I noticed a separate email I got while registering on this site that informed me of what my ID would be. It's a shortened form of the Nickname you chose, with a number after it. At least, mine was. So for example, if your "Nickname" is xRaible, your ID might be xRaib42. Or something else. Check your email account for the email that informs you of your assigned ID.

IMO, this is ridiculous. We should be able to use our email address as our ID when logging in to the game. Easier to remember (even if we can save our login info.)

ShyGuyCase
28th Feb 2014, 00:28
This really makes things complicated when trying to demo the game on PS4. I realize this is a beta, but it shouldn't be out there for demo if logging in is this complicated.

ORyanDeee
11th Apr 2014, 08:42
fixed - delete thread plz

Xahara
15th Jun 2014, 02:04
Okay, so I am trying to renew my FFXIV ARR account but my one time password isn't working even though I am typing it in correctly and I do not remember receiving or making an emergency removal password. Any help you can offer is nice.

TheAronic
20th Jun 2014, 06:38
Okay let's see if I can get this to make sense.

I just bought Realms Reborn and i'm trying to start the game. But when I go to link my Square Enix account it asks for a one time password. Now to get a one time password i need to get the one time password app. So i did that. But now I need to get a registration password to activate the app. But to get the registration password I need to get into the account management. However I can't get into account management without a one time password. Was that clear enough? I really don't understand the problem too well myself.

Hippy_Pickle
26th Jun 2014, 09:01
To clarify... You dont need to enter anything in the 'one-time password' field when logging in to FFXIV unless you have set up a security token.

Also to get the registration code to setup the app you log in to the account management website with just your username and password, leave the one-time password field blank. Once logged in you follow the instructions which will give you the code to authorise the app. Then you log out and log back in but this time you can use the app for a one-time password. When you log back in after authorising the app make sure you make a note of the emergency token removal code as this is vital in case you phone is lost or broken and you need to log in without a one-time password.