PDA

View Full Version : Digital River

KingXRay
2nd May 2013, 08:41
I just created this account (verified my account via email)*and bought 2 pc download games (HITMAN: ABSOLUTION - PROFESSIONAL EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD] (http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29853700/productID.276605100/categoryId.57606100/parentCategoryID.)*&*SLEEPING DOGS [PC DOWNLOAD] (http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29853700/productID.251272500/categoryId.57606100/parentCategoryID.))*in shop, my credit card already been charged but I did not receive any confiremation of my purcharse or codes from Square Enix in my email!

In my Credit card billing place aren't say as Square Enix...
02 May 13 * - * *Purchase DIGITALRIVER.COM LUXEMBOURG LU * - * 17.50 USD
*Is this correct or the company is been hacked?*

KingXRay
2nd May 2013, 10:46
thanks, just received my codes and bill :)

member_10005833
2nd May 2013, 11:30
Jumping to the conclusion that the company has been hacked is a gigantic leap and a bit paranoid.*

crow3232
2nd May 2013, 13:31
I have a question... I bought FF7 online and got the download. the game is installed but I can't run it until I input the serial number. I got the conformation email but it didn't include a serial number. where do I go to get it?

Belasius
2nd May 2013, 15:07
I have a question... I bought FF7 online and got the download. the game is installed but I can't run it until I input the serial number. I got the conformation email but it didn't include a serial number. where do I go to get it?

That's a step up. *I can't even get my payment authorized. *Tough to buy anything when they won't take my money.

Grimoire
2nd May 2013, 20:20
Concerning issues with*[FINAL FANTASY VII],*see this forum: [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)]

member_10272821
10th Jun 2013, 16:30
just got a email from webhelp.v4@digitalriver.com (mailto:webhelp.v4@digitalriver.com) saying that the preorder for Kingdom heart hd was canceled.
and the link is a find my order . Just to be sure .

Grimoire
10th Jun 2013, 18:54
Contact*[Digital River Customer Service]*[/url] (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)[url="mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com"] (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)

1-800-598-7450

xAddicted2INKx
7th Jan 2014, 18:30
When going to their contact us link and after entering my order number and password all it does is bring me to my order summary on the SE page. There is no link to contact them, no email. I contact support on SE and they just link me back to the DR contact page. ???

filip_stanek
7th Mar 2014, 17:42
I'm sure you've heard it plenty of times, but please switch over to using someone like Amazon, Newegg, or even Gamestop as your store.

I just had a horrible experience (http://bloodforge.com/post/Horrible-Experience-with-Square-Enix-and-DIgital-River.aspx) getting Final Fantasy 13-3 Lightning Returns Collectors Edition from your online store.

I'd much rather have to pay $110 for your collectors edition and get it from Amazon on day 1, instead of paying $90 and get it a month late from Digital River.

Thanks

Criscokid
14th Mar 2014, 02:27
It was trying for me too!

D4rk_0rchyd
24th Mar 2014, 17:37
This is by far the worst customer service I have ever had in my many years of purchasing things online.

It all began when I ordered Lightning Returns CE. I wanted free shipping so I added a Tonberry plush. I got an email a few days later saying the plush was backordered. (It turns out it was listed as preorder on some parts of the SE store but as 'in-stock' in others). I went to cancel it right away, in the hopes of getting my LR on release day. Nope.
I cancelled and then received no email nothing. Kept waiting. I ended up calling Digital River over 8 times over the span of 2 weeks to ask them where the hell my game was and what was so complicated about a cancellation. Yes it was taking them TWO weeks to process the cancellation of an item that wasn't even physically there.

Listen to my story, because my story doesn't end there...

I figured maybe it was just because of that preorder/instore mixup, so when I decided to order FF X/X-2, I wanted the free shipping again. Decided to order 3 glasses (one of each). Just now I receive an email telling me the Chocobo is back ordered. So I call to cancel my ENTIRE order. You know why? Because I figure I have more chances of getting this nonsense sorted out if I cancel fully than if I cancel partially. Maybe then I can replace my order for A SINGLE ITEM, screw the free shipping.

It doesn't make sense to me that a cancellation takes 2 weeks + to process.
It doesn't make sense to me that the online store says it's in stock when it isn't. Either there is a lack of synchronization between Square and Digital river, or they didn't hire the right programmer to code the part of the website that manages the stock number.

I had a situation with NIS america, where I had accidentally put a game that was on preorder along with another that was about to release. I cancelled. The next day my cancellation was processed and the day after that they shipped me my game.

Really pissed off. I'm a good customer, a fan and I have to deal with this infuriating incompetency.

Kaintheundead
27th Mar 2014, 21:44
I'm just writing this because I feel like I'm at a total loss. I feel as if I have been abused and no one cares. Maybe others will learn from my mistake and they won't go through what I have. Anyways... Lets get to the story at hand.

Back in late January/ early February I preordered Final Fantasy 13 Lightning Returns Collectors Edition and Final Fantasy X/X-2 Collectors Edition. These were available exclusively through the Square-Enix online store. At the time I was unaware that orders over $100 got free shipping. In turn come the release date of FF13 no game came in the mail. I emailed them and they said the only thing I could do was cancel my order and repurchase them separately and pay shipping for both. I decided not to do that due to the shipping being $11.99 for each game. So I waited for the release of FF X/X-2 to get my games.

March 18th comes and both games arrive in the mail. I open the box to find that they only used a small amount of paper to package them inside a large box and they bounced around and damaged each other in shipping. So seeing as these are Collectors Editions which I bought to Collect I wanted an exchange. I sent Square-Enix an email saying so and this is what they sent me,

"Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

We understand that you are requesting a replacement for the damaged
product that you received.

Please accept our apologies, however we are unable to send out any
replacement. The order needs to be refunded and a new order needs to be
placed.

However, we show that "LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII COLLECTOR'S

EDITION [PS3]" is already out of stock.

Sincerely,
Wilma M.
Square Enix online store
Customer Service
SquareEnix.us.cs@digitalriver.com
Email ID: 27780973"

FF13 Collectors Edition would not come back in stock either due to it being limited. So I decided to return just FFX/X-2 C.E. but they don't do exchanges so I would have to ship the game back to them at my expense and then purchase another copy AND pay the shipping which is 11.99. This is what I responded with,

"I already reordered it as you suggested and I would like
a refund of $11.99 for the shipping that I now have to pay.
I'm very upset by this whole thing. The packaging for the games was
terrible. The items were packed with a small amount of paper.
These are collectors edition games that I paid
almost $200 dollars for and this is simply unacceptable."

After a lot of back and forth in an attempt to get my money back from the shipping of either the return or repurchase I just get this message,

"Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

We apologize, we are unable to process a refund for the shipping fee to
return the item.

We have received your request for a refund for order number 8839417935.

Please return the product(s) to the following address:

Returns Processing
RMA# 8839417935
435 Park Court
Lino Lakes, MN 55014

NOTE: The RMA# must be included on the address label for your return to
be processed without delay. Please include the packing invoice, along
with all media and materials associated with your product.

We recommend that the return package be sent with the ability to track
its location. Upon receipt of the product in our warehouse, we will
credit your account. Please allow 7-10 business days from the date it is
received for the credit to be applied to your account. Due to billing
cycles, the refund may not appear on the same statement as the original
charge.

Sincerely,
Stephanie
Square Enix online store
Customer Service
SquareEnix.us.cs@digitalriver.com
Email ID: 27780973"

After some research online it seems I'm dealing with a company called Digital River who distributes software for companies. There are a lot of online complaints about their customer service.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by great online companies like Amazon, but this to me seems insane. I get replies from different people every time and none of them seem to care at all about the fact that they've done wrong by not packaging their shipment correctly and it's their fault that the items I received got damaged because of it. I didn't know where to go to express my anger since they seem to only have email and no phone number that I could find. I just can't believe all of this. It's really put a bad taste in my mouth and has tainted Square-Enix in my mind. Even if I'm not dealing directly with people at Square-Enix they represent you and make your company look bad with their terrible customer service.

So please everyone stay away from the Square-Enix online shop.

M0dpr0p
6th Sep 2014, 20:25
I'm currently in a similar boat here. I pre-ordered the Final Fantasy Curtain Call Collector's Edition back in June. Around the end of August, my card that I had used to purchase was stolen, so I had to cancel the card. I then went and attempted to change the card number so I could receive my purchase only to be told that that would not be possible. After 2 emails and a phone call, I'm giving up on both receiving my order and am close to never buying a Square Enix game again. I'm not going to be buying this latest iteration. This whole affair has left such a sour taste in my mouth, I no longer want to even support a company that does any type of business with Digital River. It's frustrating, it's unprofessional, and it's insulting. I hope that Square leaves this company behind, because they continually drop the ball.

lcrowley
15th Sep 2014, 16:50
Not that I'd wish this misfortune on anyone, but I'm in the exact same position. I just got off the phone with Digital River (poor Raj, he just wanted to help!) and got pretty much the same runaround.

I pre-ordered this as a gift back in June and it arrived in a single cardboard box with ONE piece of paper inside. A piece of paper. Not bubble wrap, not packing peanuts, a piece of paper. My Curtain Call collector's edition was completely trashed. Every corner of the box was crushed and caved in, and there was an enormous dent in the side. Somehow the shrink wrapping managed to hold. I don't even know how this got so badly banged up considering the shipping box didn't look too bad.

Worst of all (besides the fact that it was a very limited print run and they're sold out), I HAVE TO PAY RETURN SHIPPING. So I'm out money for shipping BOTH TIMES. I am fuming mad. Is it seriously that expensive for them to work with a company that believes in properly packaging products? I mean, a collector's edition is expensive! It's for collecting!

Safe to say I will not be purchasing through Square Enix's shop again.

I'm currently in a similar boat here. I pre-ordered the Final Fantasy Curtain Call Collector's Edition back in June. Around the end of August, my card that I had used to purchase was stolen, so I had to cancel the card. I then went and attempted to change the card number so I could receive my purchase only to be told that that would not be possible. After 2 emails and a phone call, I'm giving up on both receiving my order and am close to never buying a Square Enix game again. I'm not going to be buying this latest iteration. This whole affair has left such a sour taste in my mouth, I no longer want to even support a company that does any type of business with Digital River. It's frustrating, it's unprofessional, and it's insulting. I hope that Square leaves this company behind, because they continually drop the ball.

lcrowley
19th Sep 2014, 22:24
Not sure if anyone is still following, but I know I get miffed when people don't post followups:

I called Digital River again. I figured there are no more copies, I'm not going to get an exchange. The least I can do is get a refund and send it back. But this time I said I did not think it was right to pay return shipping. Shipping both ways comes to over $16... for an item that I'm returning and can't keep? That's just bad business in my opinion.

This time they put someone else on the line who told me they've been receiving many calls about the Theatrhythm CE being damaged. They gave me a different number to contact Square Enix (1-310-846-0345 if anyone needs it). The guy at SE I spoke with was great. He said they've been receiving calls about the damaged boxes and told me to email photos of the damage to a particular address along with my ticket number, and they would send me a replacement in the mail.

I literally just got off the phone, so I don't want to get too excited yet, but if they make good with this I'll be really, really happy. As a first time customer, stuff like this can scare you off permanently~!