PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy themed energy drinks

Automaton
4th Jun 2012, 17:07
Here's something you may or may not have heard of, and those that have might have seen them around anime conventions and the like.

There have been variations of these energy drinks for Final Fantasy releases in the semi-recent past: Potions for Final Fantasy XII, Dissidia, and the compilation of Final Fantasy VII, and an Elixir for Final Fantasy XIII.*Drinking them is somewhat of an acquired taste, though, since this is an herbal drink we're talking about here. (Not to mention I'm not daring to open my can of "Dissidia Potion: Chaos" since it's way expired. >.>)

member_10100340
4th Jun 2012, 17:57
I've always wanted to try one. But I think if I ever did get my hands on one, I'd never actually want to open it. So I'd just stick it on a shelf so it could look pretty.

member_10623643
4th Jun 2012, 17:58
Yea I remember reading about those in the SE E-mails I got you should of drank it though. I tried a resident evil T-virus antidote it was okay. Didn't Halo do something similar?

Automaton
4th Jun 2012, 18:13
I did actually buy and drink the FFXII Potion (you need to see the commercial for it if you can find it). If you could find the collector bottles, they had different crystal-shaped caps you could collect.

member_10100340
4th Jun 2012, 18:23
Yea I remember reading about those in the SE E-mails I got you should of drank it though. I tried a resident evil T-virus antidote it was okay. Didn't Halo do something similar?

I've had the T-virus one before, I found it at Hot Topic, lol. It was okay, not the best tasting stuff in the world. As far as I know, Halo only had the special Mountain Dew bottles, I don't think the drink itself was any different though.

member_10822883
5th Jun 2012, 12:10
I remember buying the Potion for FFXII. That drink was gnarly. I liked the collectible cards they came with; I think mine came with Penelo.

member_10047476
11th Jun 2012, 13:04
I have at least one drink from each series. But*I've only tried the FFVII 10th Anniversary Potion. I liked it. I have some other extra ones from different series to try, but I dunno if I should. They're too much of a collectable item to open... and they're also expired. =\

member_10010376
11th Sep 2012, 12:34
Final Fantasy Potions you say?* Like these:

picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/J3Qz2lYp8n... (https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/J3Qz2lYp8nZYE58O7StYbr4HAIKBL5BGAJXn1-y1u3o?feat=directlink)

Mine are all opened. The potion drink was horrible in my opinion.* I originally just poked a hole in the bottom to drain out the liquid but I later opened the top and filled the cans with plaster so they would have something to keep them from being dented (I was packing them to move at the time)

If you have some you should definitely drain the liquid. That stuff is carbonated and under pressure and over time can dent the can. Poking a hole in the bottom will make it unnoticeable. ^^

saki.a.watari
13th Mar 2013, 21:39
HAHA! I didn't know they made these. I'll hunt one down at my next convention. I can see next year's release now. "Chocobo Charge energy drink! Light as a Cloud, fast as Lightning!"