PDA

View Full Version : Can't download episode 5 on XB1



ZBAU73
22nd Oct 2015, 06:07
Hi, sorry if something has been posted about my problem with episode 5, but I haven't been able to find anything on the matter...

I have the game for Xbox One.

I have all four episodes that I have downloaded no problems, but when I try to download episode 5 it always stops installation at 35% and tells me to install.

I've tried deleting 5 and then reinstalling, same problem, even deleted everything from my console and still having issues with episode 5 stopping at 35%..

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to finish the game...

Many thanks...

ScottBlows
22nd Oct 2015, 08:38
Hello,

I've seen a few users with this problem. I'd love to get some info from you so I can get the team figuring out a fix:

- Are you connected via wifi or cable?
- If you hard reset your console and re-attempt the download does it get past 35%?

Many thanks

ZBAU73
22nd Oct 2015, 09:42
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the reply, to answer your questions:

Yes I have cable connected to the console.
Yes I have done a hard reset and the download still stops at 35% and tells me to install..

Hopefully there will be a fix soon and I do appreciate your efforts.

Many thanks..

ScottBlows
22nd Oct 2015, 09:57
Thanks for the additional info - I will come back to you with further details as soon as I have further news

ZBAU73
22nd Oct 2015, 10:03
Thanks :thumb:

Also just to further your investigation into the problem I did buy the season pass when it was up on the marketplace at the time when the game was up.

BLevolution
23rd Oct 2015, 23:06
+1 - I'm having the same problem, with exactly the same scenario - Please help asap.

HellcatBuff
25th Oct 2015, 02:29
I'm having same issue. Deleted & re-downloaded 3 times. Hard reset. Moved game from portable HD to system. Nothing. Gets to 35% then says game has stopped DL'ing. Been waiting so long. Now I'm giving up :(
I downloaded ep 1 first (it may have been free or v cheap), then I bought season pass.
Download is EXTREMELY slow. So thought maybe a timeout issue. But I've downloaded 50gig B4, never thought 4gig would be such a task.

ZBAU73
25th Oct 2015, 02:32
Ok, I worked out the problem, my ISP here in Australia had changed something with their CDN and it's not allowing myself or others to download new games/updates etc... on the xbox one console.

So after a bit of research on my side I manged to changed my DNS settings on the console to OpenDNS instead of the preferred settings my ISP chooses and it has managed to get past the 35% and its fully downloaded and ready to play..

So after all this, it wasn't a issues with the game itself rather and ISP issue which I hope they get to fix it ASAP.

ZBAU73
25th Oct 2015, 02:34
Hell are you from OZ?

HellcatBuff
25th Oct 2015, 04:19
Yes. In Melbourne. I have no idea what ur fix means. Will have to have a look on my XB1 settings & see if can follow ur steps.
Thanks for the info. Legs crossed it works! :)

HellcatBuff
25th Oct 2015, 05:55
Thank you so much Zbau73 and Square Enix team. I'm now downloading (@ 62%)
Zbau73, after my last reply you got me thinking about the ISP & DNS mumbo jumbo ;) & I figured I one more last ditch effort could save me from changing settings I'm not very comfortable messing around with.
Since I'm currently house sitting, I was DL to my brothers console (logged in as me of course) so. I came home to try it on my XBONE & BOOM! DL surpassed 35% in 10 mins (my ISP is so much faster)
So thanks to all who provided this dumbass with ur helpful tips. I didn't quite get to the stage of using said tips. But if my home DL didn't work, I would have needed them for sure.
I can't wait to see the ending now. Xxx :D

ScottBlows
26th Oct 2015, 11:34
Ok, I worked out the problem, my ISP here in Australia had changed something with their CDN and it's not allowing myself or others to download new games/updates etc... on the xbox one console.

So after a bit of research on my side I manged to changed my DNS settings on the console to OpenDNS instead of the preferred settings my ISP chooses and it has managed to get past the 35% and its fully downloaded and ready to play..

So after all this, it wasn't a issues with the game itself rather and ISP issue which I hope they get to fix it ASAP.

Thanks so much for posting this info. We will communicate this to other users experiencing the same issue.

Big thank you to everyone who has continued to provide info on this issue and thanks for your patience