PDA

View Full Version : Achievement bug Xbox One - Shutterbug 45G

VapoChill
29th Jul 2015, 17:12
Anyone else have a problem with the achievement for all optional photos not unlocking after you get them all?
I got all the photos in one run and it didn't unlock.
Then I even went back in collectible mode and got them all again, it still didn't unlock. :rolleyes:
The Shutterbug is buged...;)

ScottBlows
31st Jul 2015, 08:42
Hey VapoChill,

Have you managed to collect all 10? I've seen videos of players unlocking this achievement on Xbox One so I'm keen to get some further info.

Could you send me screenshots of all the photos you've collected + your achievement list?

Thanks

Kroesis
1st Aug 2015, 09:18
I am also having this issue, all photos collected in a single playthrough, every achievement for each photo has been unlocked apart from the one for getting all the photos, 'Shutterbug'.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oob7oixcfzpk9r8/photo%2001-08-2015%2010%2012%2043.jpg?dl=0

VapoChill
4th Aug 2015, 18:58
Hey VapoChill,

Have you managed to collect all 10? I've seen videos of players unlocking this achievement on Xbox One so I'm keen to get some further info.

Could you send me screenshots of all the photos you've collected + your achievement list?

Thanks

Yup, got all 10 here's a screenshot: http://static.tweakers.net/ext/f/xv0ncHmBBoO0CwhwrvaiLtbI/full.jpg

Thanks. :)

Sasquatch444
4th Aug 2015, 23:57
i have the same problem as well cant get it to work i even tried uninstalling my game and replaying the episode and the achievement wont budge and yes ive taken all the photos 4 times over now with new saves and everything

ScottBlows
5th Aug 2015, 12:42
Hello,

Could you let me know what the last photo was that you took?

Kroesis
6th Aug 2015, 05:52
Personally the last pic I took on my initial playthrough was the moons, no. 10 on the list.
I have however now played through the episode another two times from scratch, collecting the photos in order, first replay I again got the moons last and the second replay I got the skeleton picture last. Neither time awarded me the achievement. I've even deleted and re-downloaded the episode to see if that would work, but it didn't.

ScottBlows
6th Aug 2015, 10:30
Hello,

Were you online or offline when playing?

jbailey07
6th Aug 2015, 16:59
I'm having exactly the same problem. I've removed then reinstated my account on my Xbox. I've also deleted episode 4 and reinstalled it. I've completed the episode again on a different save slot. Still it won't unlock.

I was online throughout and have unlocked achievements in other games since.

Anyone had any luck solving this?

Kroesis
7th Aug 2015, 04:24
Hello,

Were you online or offline when playing?

I was online throughout, I received the achievement for photo 10 immediately after taking the picture but the achievement for taking all photos failed to follow.

ScottBlows
7th Aug 2015, 08:25
Thanks Kroesis,

Few more questions:

1/ Did you obtain all the other achievements from the other episodes before attempting E4?

jbailey07
7th Aug 2015, 17:33
I'm having exactly the same problem as Kroesis and I have unlocked every other possible achievement.

Kroesis
10th Aug 2015, 19:58
Thanks Kroesis,

Few more questions:

1/ Did you obtain all the other achievements from the other episodes before attempting E4?

Yes I had every single achievement from prior episodes before I started playing episode 4.

Sasquatch444
23rd Aug 2015, 10:29
i did the same as kroesis as far as the questions asked but i did have the achievements not notify/ping but were unlocked when i took the 3 missing photos in collectible mode. also i was wondering if anyone has any episodes bought on 360 even just episode 1 as well im wondering if there's a linking issue or something unlikely and overlooked at this point im trying anything unless there is a magic patch that will make it all happy and fuzzy on the horizon

jbailey07
23rd Aug 2015, 15:27
i did the same as kroesis as far as the questions asked but i did have the achievements not notify/ping but were unlocked when i took the 3 missing photos in collectible mode. also i was wondering if anyone has any episodes bought on 360 even just episode 1 as well im wondering if there's a linking issue or something unlikely and overlooked at this point im trying anything unless there is a magic patch that will make it all happy and fuzzy on the horizon

I don't have any episodes on 360. I don't think it's related.

DustClark
23rd Aug 2015, 16:38
Same issue....

I am having issues with the achievement 'Shutterbug' on Xbox One. In my first online playthrough I took all 10 optional photo's and got the achievement for each photo but the 'Shutterbug' achievement did not unlock. I contacted Xbox support where they had me reset my xbox, delete and recover my profile, and recover my game save. This produced no change. I deleted all of Life is Strange and my entire saved game, redownloded each episode, played them all again taking all optional photos in every episode a second time on a completely new save file. Once again the achievement did not unlock. I have contacted xbox support who advised me to contact the developer.

I was online the entirety of both full playthroughs and xbox was not reporting any service issues with xbox live. I have unlocked all available achievements in life is strange to date, with tge exception of shutterbug, which will not unlock.

I went as far as to create a second Xbox live profile and play the entire game again on a new profile and the achievement will not unlock on that profile as well....

ScottBlows
26th Aug 2015, 09:27
Hi everyone,

I've got some questions that will help us try to reproduce this:

- What choices have you made (Episodes 1 through to 4).
- Do you own a season pass, or did you buy individual episodes?
- What region are you in? (Europe, US etc)
- Are all the other achievements unlocked - if no, which ones are to be unlocked still?
- Did you play the episodes in order (this may seem like a weird question)

Many thanks

DustClark
27th Aug 2015, 17:20
@ScottBlows

1) I can't recall all of my choices if you can give me a template I can answer it correctly.
2) I own the season pass.
3) United States
4) I have unlocked all Achievements with exception of 'Shutterbug' and Episode 5. (see photo)
5) Every episode and achievement was unlocked in order of release.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/DustanClark/Life%20is%20Strange.jpg

ScottBlows
2nd Sep 2015, 09:45
Thanks for the extra info - I will pass this on to our QA team

ScottBlows
7th Sep 2015, 15:33
Hello,

I have some further questions regarding Shutterbug:

Xbox One has an extremely strict system for achievements. Once the title triggers the unlocking of the Achievement, the system communicates with Xbox Live to ensure the achievement is legitimate and, following a positive response, sets it to “Unlocked” on the user’s end. Only then the user gets a notification, and the achievement appears unlocked on their Xbox Live profile. However, if a miscommunication occurs during this process or if the Achievements service is having issues, the Achievement is instead set to “Unlocking” in the Achievements app, the user does not get a notification and it does not appear unlocked on their profile. According to one of our compliance testers who is also an Xbox Live user at home, the affected achievement might remain as such for several days before it is automatically unlocked.

This isn’t supposed to happen often, but we’ve seen times where Xbox Live has been having issues for several hours or days in a row during which some or all achievements would have this issue, regardless of the title.

You can check if this issue is occurring by selecting the achievement in the Achievements snap and seeing if it says “Unlocking” next to the padlock icon. I drew a red rectangle in this screenshot for where to look:

http://i.imgur.com/cmJ81W1.jpg

So my question is:
• If you did not obtain Shutterbug when you took the last collectible photo, did the achievement for that specific collectible unlock?

DustClark
8th Sep 2015, 15:26
@ScottBlows

The achievement is just showing locked, as if it was never unlocked. As you can see from my last post on my whole achievement list of the game, I completed each photo in order on 7/29 which has been well over a month at this point. I have seen achievements that show 'Done! Unlocking...' but this was not one of those scenarios. It simply shows as locked and no matter how may times I try to take each photo again it never changes.

I do recall something that may help you. On 7/29 when I was playing the episode some of the optional photo achievements made me take them multiple times to unlock the achievement. This started around the time I went to the school and took a picture of the piled up rocks. I would either have to restart that chapter and take the photo again or wait 5-10 minutes after taking it for the achievement to unlock. I recall several instances where this happened (The rocks at school, the bigfoot tracks, the beached whales, the skeleton drawing in the restroom, and the two moons), so to at least some extent it was acting as if I was not taking the optional photos.

I hope some of this helps.

Kroesis
6th Oct 2015, 09:24
I am familier with the 'Done.. Unlocking' issues that the cloud based achievements occasionally has, this does not appear to be the case. The achievement remains locked, despite fulfilling all the requirements, it does not say 'done... unlocking'.

- What choices have you made (Episodes 1 through to 4).
If you really need this then I'll take screenshots.

- Do you own a season pass, or did you buy individual episodes?
Season pass

- What region are you in? (Europe, US etc)
Europe. (UK)

- Are all the other achievements unlocked - if no, which ones are to be unlocked still?
Yes, everyone apart from this, all unlocked with no issues

- Did you play the episodes in order
Yes, each one as soon as released

blafasel
16th Oct 2015, 13:29
Hi!

I'm hit by the shutter-bug as well. I contacted square-enix support back in August, but they were not very helpful. I also tried to contact xbox support and filled out there "missing achievement" form... no response, no unlocked shutterbug since then.

So I'll add my notes here since it seems worth the work....

I played all available Episodes shortly after they were available. I bought the Expansion Pass for all Episodes after I played through Ep.1 the first time.

I played all Episodes with the following pattern with two savegames:
*) first playthrough... without any walkthrough. Tried to find photos myself and made decisions without any spoilers
*) second playthrough ... get all possible photos with external hints. Make different decisions based on first playthrough

This worked up to Ep. 3 unlocking all achievements

Episode 4 crashed 2 times while playing and twice on the loading screen. Maybe that caused something bad.

Achievements unlocked in the following order (date according to trueachievements.com in CEST):
photo #1: 01 August 15 at 17:14
photo #2: 01 August 15 at 17:43
photo #3: 01 August 15 at 18:10
photo #4: 01 August 15 at 18:14
photo #6: 01 August 15 at 18:47
photo #8: 01 August 15 at 20:06
photo #9: 01 August 15 at 23:55
Finish Episode 4: Dark Room: 02 August 15 at 00:19
break....XBO off
photo #5: 02 August 15 at 11:36
photo #7: 02 August 15 at 12:08
break...XBO off
photo #10: 02 August 15 at 15:48

No achievements from other games in between.

But shutterbug did not unlock with photo #10 and not at any time afterwards. It didn't unlock without notice since it is still locked at TA as well as on my XBO.

I can PM my Gamertag (which is different from forum nickname) if needed.

Last but not least I think it is worth to mention that I sometimes switch my XBO from German/Austria to English/Slovakia or English/UK to switch languages in games, because of XBOs stupid region->language dictation . I can't tell which Region I had selected while playing Ep.4, but I'm sure that I retried in collection mode with both German and English settings for all 10 photos at least once.

duvey42
19th Oct 2015, 22:43
I'm also having a problem with this. I found eight of the photos on my first play through (around launch day), and then I went back today and found the 2 I missed in the collecting mode. I have unlocked all ten achievements for individual photos, but "Shutterbug" did not unlock. To answer the questions that have been asked:

Last photo was the moon one.

I was online.

I had obtained all other achievements before starting episode 4.

I took screenshots of my choices. You can see them here (http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/duvey42/screenshots)

I own the season pass.

I'm in the U.S.

I did play the episodes in order.

Kroesis
21st Oct 2015, 02:39
Any further info on this. I have completed all 5 episodes now and this is the only thing I'm missing, all requirements have been met yet it still will not unlock.

DustClark
21st Oct 2015, 03:42
I as well have now completed all five episodes with every single achievement unlocked in order with exception to Shutterbug. The achievement is still not unlocking and no updates are coming through this forum.

Today I deleted my save game removed it from the console and the cloud, deleted every episode off of my harddrive, reinstalled every episode back on to my internal hard drive and played through the game making different decisions in different areas and confirmed every single optional photo from every single episode was taken. The achievement still has not unlocked.

At this point I am pretty much going to stay away from any future releases until this is fixed. I have contacted Xbox who claim they are aware and investigating but state it appears to be a game/developer issue. I have also brought it to the attention of XboxAchievements and TrueAchievements in hopes we can get someone in gear to correcting this.

Can we get any response of any sort?

KChape
21st Oct 2015, 04:11
I too am having this issue.
I have officially completed all 5 episodes, and have every achievement but this one.

nevernudist
21st Oct 2015, 10:37
I hope this helps because I know exactly what happened. Steps to recreate my issue.

Play through missing three photos.
One photo shows as Achievement Done... Unlocking.
While waiting for that achievement to officially pop, unlock achievements for all other missing photos.
When achievement finally unlocks and all photos are already obtained, achievement for taking all photos doesn't register as unlocked.

You may be able to add in a quick check every time a photo is taken to check whether the photo is unlocked and progress on the episode. That way taking a picture of one that's already been taken could trigger the achievement unlocks that weren't triggered before.

ScottBlows
22nd Oct 2015, 08:59
Hi everyone,

I wanted you to know that we are still investigating this with our QA department. I will post an update to this thread when we make progress - apologies that it's taking a long time to fix

CheezNCrackerz
22nd Oct 2015, 20:44
I am having the same issue with episode 5's achievement "Selfie Awareness" on Xbox One. Every achievement in the game has unlocked for me except this one, and it seems to be glitched the same way "Shutterbug" is for people
I collected all photos in order on my first playthrough except for in episode 5 where i missed optional photo 5 and went back in collection mode to get it unlocking the respective achievement but not "Selfie Awareness"

RomanAround1912
22nd Oct 2015, 21:11
I am also having the same issue with episode 5's 'Selfie Awareness' achievement. My gamertag is RomanAround and I have been playing on Xbox One. I got the individual achievements for each of the 10 photos, but the achievement for finding all 10 never popped. I have tried re-getting the photos again in Collectible Mode and Deleting/re-installing the episode, neither of which worked.

Fantastic game but frustrating to not be able to claim a 100% record on my profile. If anyone from Technical Support can look into this, or offer any suggestions, it would be very much appreciated.

Ryuukishi
22nd Oct 2015, 22:41
I made another thread too but just wanted to add my name here. Selfie Awareness didn't unlock for me on Xbox One despite having all 10 collectible achievements in Episode 5. I'd be happy to provide any additional info that you need for testing.

Hopefully the game can be patched to just recheck the achievement condition on the title screen or something.

Ayrtanium600
24th Oct 2015, 15:39
One of my friends has had the trophy Camera Eye from the 3rd Chapter Chaos Theory no unlocking for him on the PS3. I just went through the chapter on his account just then as well and with no success. We try a Canadian version of the game and an Australian version.

Ashiey
28th Oct 2015, 00:14
Shutterbug Achievement is not unlocking for me too on xbox one.

lachz_
28th Oct 2015, 21:07
The Camera Eye trophy did not unlock for me on PS3, I've tried many things in an attempt to unlock this trophy.

Coojo78
31st Oct 2015, 23:22
That's what I call pure laziness. How are you going to drop episode 5 without patching 4? Aside from that people are having problems with 5 too. What difference does it make what choices I made or what order I made them? That's up to you guys to fix the problem. What did you think, we were going to beta test the games for you too? It's pretty simple....people play episodes in order not out of order. We have all the photos. What else needs to be known? Fix the goddamn game already!

staroplzenecak
4th Nov 2015, 16:31
Well, at least they've admitted the bug. This is the reply I got from the Square Enix Support Centre on Aug 4 about the locked Shutterbug‏:

"We are sorry to hear that your achievements did not unlock. Unfortunately we are not able to unlock any achievements for you. We can only suggest that you try playing through the required parts of the game to attempt to unlock them second time through."

The correction does not seem to be complex, the question is if it's worth just for a few completionists like us.. :-(

DustClark
9th Nov 2015, 13:02
We are sorry to hear that your achievements did not unlock. Unfortunately we are not able to unlock any achievements for you. We can only suggest that you try playing through the required parts of the game to attempt to unlock them second time through.

The issue I have is that the primary resolution they provided you is something I have attempted at the very least 10 times, meaning this is not a resolution at all. The thing that gets me is that it unlocked for many users and didn't unlock for others, the question that should be asked is why and how did that happen.

lachz_
13th Nov 2015, 14:40
I have played through episode 3 10-15 times over on PS3 to try and unlock "Camera Eye". No success.

GDArcan
15th Dec 2015, 14:58
Hey folks, Microsoft wants to further investigate the Shutterbug issue - we have an idea what the issue 'might' be, but they can't implement a solution without more evidence.

So, please visit this link (http://xbx.lv/achsticky) on Xbox live, scroll down the bottom of the page and click on 'Take our Survey'. With the information you provide there, Microsoft may hopefully be able to confirm the issue and resolve it on their side.

Davisorle
20th Dec 2015, 16:36
Hey folks, Microsoft wants to further investigate the Shutterbug issue - we have an idea what the issue 'might' be, but they can't implement a solution without more evidence.

So, please visit this link (http://xbx.lv/achsticky) on Xbox live, scroll down the bottom of the page and click on 'Take our Survey'. With the information you provide there, Microsoft may hopefully be able to confirm the issue and resolve it on their side.

I am trying to complete this game in order to remove it from my drive. If all you can do is so many months later give us a link which a minority will see and even less care to complete, which will result in another few months for a fix or nothing, then I am speechless. Very very poor. This frustration was all it took to spoil such a great gaming experience. Nothing else to say.

Removing and forgetting the series.

verdena
8th Jan 2016, 03:48
still not fixed

cooome on, it's frustrating

DustClark
13th Jan 2016, 17:15
ScottBlows and/or GDArcan

Any Update on this? I have reported all three of my gamertags on the microsoft form you posted. I checked as recent as yesterday and confirmed the issue is still present. I think most of us would simply like an update on this issue.

matrixman92
19th Jan 2016, 07:46
I got the LE today and its still bugged, not that I thought it would be fixed anyway

hellazay
21st Jan 2016, 18:56
I got the LE today and its still bugged, not that I thought it would be fixed anyway

This! ^^ I had a feeling that once they released the limited edition this achievement would still be an issue. Smh. They didn't even bother fixing this bug, plus it's January 21st, 2016... I gave up on this game a long time ago

MITCHHICKS
28th Jan 2016, 12:27
Shutterbug is not unlocking for me on Xbox One. I've played the episode and taken all pics 3 times, and once in collectibles mode. Is this ever going to happen?

DustClark
1st Feb 2016, 15:57
Guys, I pretty much gave up on this ever being fixed and deleted the game from my console. I went ahead and tweeted over to @xboxsupport and linked them to this forum. I advised them that a majority of the users followed through with the community managers request and we filled out the form for achievement issues. I wish you guys the best of luck in getting this corrected.

To SE and Dontnod, you guys made an excellent game and a compelling universe. This in no way ruined my overall experience but I wish you guys could have gotten the issue corrected.

Take Care Everyone!

Akai__
20th Feb 2016, 23:39
Why hasn't this been adressed yet? I just want to have the 1000/1000. :(

DustClark
25th Feb 2016, 18:28
I was bored today so I decided to check and see if anything in terms of a solution ever came about. Someone at Xbox contacted me after I made the post where I tweeted them above. They advised me to follow that link to report the issue and it will be looked at. So I guess just continue to do that since it doesn't appear any update is coming from the community managers or dev.

GDArcan
14th Mar 2016, 17:59
Hey folks, really sorry that it still hasn't been resolved. As mentioned before, we believe this is an issue on the Achievement backend on Microsoft's side (rather than a bug in game). We've most likely found the cause but Microsoft won't do anything without proof that can only be supplied by filling out the form above (http://xbx.lv/achsticky).

The bug is most likely not with the game itself (which is why players with the LE might also be affected) but rather in the way the metadata for this particular achievement is set up on Microsoft's backend. Hopefully with enough reports, they'll finally investigate it and be able to resolve it.

ShanePlane
14th Mar 2016, 23:57
I sent a report about it last night to the official Achievement report URL that was posted in one of these threads. I have a minor case of obsessive-compulsive disorder so it's a little upsetting, I really hope Microsoft fixes the issue soon.

GDArcan
15th Mar 2016, 10:57
Thanks ShanePlane - i completely understand. I'm a big achievement/trophy hunter myself, and can really understand how upsetting this kind of issue really can be. :(

pete_clarf
25th Mar 2016, 00:27
Add me to the list! I just filled out the survey linked earlier. I wish I wouldn't let something like this ruin such a great game! I finished Episode 4 on March 1st and haven't played since because of this. Going to start Episode 5 now and hope that this will someday be fixed so I have that nice 1000/1000.

Vulcanrsk
28th Mar 2016, 16:34
Any new info on this guys? I took the last photo in ch4 on 9th march and still nothing. Took the survey, but dont think MS is going to do anything about this as they have been ignoring this problem for past year...

MAD4GAMES
30th Mar 2016, 12:20
Hi,

I'm also having issues with Shutterbug not unlocking. I also had several issues with the other photo achievements as well in 'Collector mode' I'd take the required picture and nothing popped, so I'd exit and go back to the relevant level/section again and even though it may say 1/1 taken I'd go back in and retake it and then the achievement would unlock.

Episode 5 was particularly bad in that the 'Selfie Awareness' achievement which was the achievement for taking all photos in Ep 5 unlocked before the individual photo achievements had unlocked.

With regard to the individual photo achievements in Ep 5 I had about 5 saying 'Done - Unlocking' but went in the next day as I was up particularly late and the status was the same. So I went and re-took the photo's again and this did push the achievement through and they did unlock.

I'm now left with just the 'Shutterbug' achievement (which isn't showing as 'Done - Unlocking' for me) which by default I've obviously earned like everyone else here as it's the only achievement left, I've gone back and replayed Ep 4 and retook photos' I'd had issues with on that level before the achievement unlocked but still no joy.

This is a shame in my opinion because this has ever so slightly tainted what I think has been one of the best games I've ever played.

I'd have to assume that either the devs or MS can do something to unlock this achievement?

Steve

pete_clarf
9th May 2016, 20:10
I was just messing around on my XBox One today, going through menus, updating my showcase, etc. I noticed that I had 1000/1000 achievement points for Life is Strange now! So, somewhere in the past six weeks or so, it looks like it was fixed! At least in my case.

hellazay
10th May 2016, 03:11
I was just messing around on my XBox One today, going through menus, updating my showcase, etc. I noticed that I had 1000/1000 achievement points for Life is Strange now! So, somewhere in the past six weeks or so, it looks like it was fixed! At least in my case.

Hmm...nah, they haven't done jack s*** yet. Mine is still locked. This achievement was supposed to be unlocked on 11/12/15 for me, it's freaking May right now, 5-6 months later! Comes to show you that the devs don't care and aren't worried about it.

blafasel
13th May 2016, 17:51
Hmm...nah, they haven't done jack s*** yet. Mine is still locked. This achievement was supposed to be unlocked on 11/12/15 for me, it's freaking May right now, 5-6 months later! Comes to show you that the devs don't care and aren't worried about it.

I'm waiting since August 2015 for it;-) I'm at the point were Square Enix and Don't nod joined the party of Ubisoft. I buy Games from these Publishers only after they proofed to be mostly bugfree and they are on sale. They all proofed that their games are not worth the full price.

I really don't care who's fault this is. In fact neither Microsoft nor SE cares enough to get this sorted out since 9+ month after I provided detailed information and filled out the "survey" *sigh* twice meanwhile. Feedback: NULL

In case somebody cares, my gamertag is MASHtm

It's really sad that such a good game gets destroyed simply by lack of support.

memily
18th Jun 2016, 02:27
I've been in touch twice with Xbox Customer Service about this issue - Shutterbug is the only achievement that's failing to unlock. Xbox (twice) had me go through all the steps to make sure it's not an issue on my end. I first contacted them May 11th, 2016, and they said that it'd be unlocked for me in a matter of days. Days, weeks went by so I contacted them again tonight and they said the only thing I could really do is contact the game devs and cross my fingers that they could do something.

It's frustrating, for sure. This would have been my first 100% completion, which is why I cared enough to contact Xbox in the first place! Hoping it'll be fixed soon!

Akai__
20th Jun 2016, 10:52
Hey folks, really sorry that it still hasn't been resolved. As mentioned before, we believe this is an issue on the Achievement backend on Microsoft's side (rather than a bug in game). We've most likely found the cause but Microsoft won't do anything without proof that can only be supplied by filling out the form above (http://xbx.lv/achsticky).

The bug is most likely not with the game itself (which is why players with the LE might also be affected) but rather in the way the metadata for this particular achievement is set up on Microsoft's backend. Hopefully with enough reports, they'll finally investigate it and be able to resolve it.

Any news on this? It's been quite a while and you'd think Microsoft took a look into this already.

Will I ever get my last Achievement?

Akai__
5th Aug 2016, 11:04
UPDATE:

My achievement just randomly popped while playing an other game. Not sure if MS finally responded to Dotnod's issue and fixed it, but thought I'd share.

blafasel
5th Aug 2016, 22:43
That's correct. TA states it was "achieved" on 30.7.2016. It's hard to say thanks after a year, but...

Thanks.

DustClark
8th Aug 2016, 19:30
I wanted to give everyone here a heads up. My achievement for Shutterbug finally started showing unlocked this past Friday. It was dated 10/21/2015 which is the day after I completed Episode 5. The date should have been 07/29/2015, but I'm not going to complain as it finally unlocked. Thanks to everyone here who fought the good fight and for everyone else I wish you all the luck in the world.