PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2 glitch on the PS3

mjecaus
7th Jun 2015, 07:16
I bought the Life Is Strange Season Pass off of the PlayStation Store yesterday, downloaded the first 3 episodes and things went smoothly throughout episode 1, however that is not the case anymore.

I started episode 2 and noticed that instead of subtitles it had codes. For example, at the beginning of the game Victoria is talking to a girl from her dorm room about homework. Instead of giving me the actual dialogue the game read:
"INT?CU_E2_1A.Cues.Cue_E2_1A_Corridor_CourtneyHomework_Victoria_010?
At first I ignored this and turned off the subtitles so the game continued to run normally until Max got on the bus and arrived at the Diner. From then on, everything labelled with similar coding, names, subtitles, texts... and it made it difficult to communicate within the game as I didn't understand what thing I was selecting.

When I entered the Diner things were okay when you have a conversation with Joyce and the subtitles worked fine until the conversation ends and she leaves you to drink your coffee. When she left and the cutscene ended Max was standing up at the table with her arms extended outwards making a T-shape. I couldn't move her, only the view of the game. When I pressed x to drink the coffee it switched back to her sitting down and finishing the drink before instantly putting her back in the unmovable T-shape again. This only stopped when Joyce brought out the food and another cutscene resumed. When Chloe arrived she had an option to speak to her even though it shouldn't and pressing x made her conversation with Max run over the top of the cutscene with Joyce with Max doing the T-shape the whole time. I can't move her at all, meaning the game is stuck at this point with no way past it.

I tried reloading from the last checkpoint, starting the episode over again, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and each time the same thing happens over and over again. This is very frustrating as nothing seems to be working and I did spend a fair bit of money on the game. If anyone knows anything I can do that would be helpful!

ScottBlows
3rd Jul 2015, 13:02
Hello,

To get this resolved as quickly as possible we recommend contacting Square Enix support in this case.

sqex.to/support

Alvare
3rd Jul 2015, 17:20
Ouch.. that's the filename for the audio file. xD

Schuck15
25th Jul 2015, 12:45
I'm having the same problem over here. Is there any fix for this? I just bought the game yesterday and this glitch is making it very difficult to play the game.

SickweeD
4th Sep 2015, 20:35
I bought the Life Is Strange Season Pass off of the PlayStation Store yesterday, downloaded the first 3 episodes and things went smoothly throughout episode 1, however that is not the case anymore.

I started episode 2 and noticed that instead of subtitles it had codes. For example, at the beginning of the game Victoria is talking to a girl from her dorm room about homework. Instead of giving me the actual dialogue the game read:
At first I ignored this and turned off the subtitles so the game continued to run normally until Max got on the bus and arrived at the Diner. From then on, everything labelled with similar coding, names, subtitles, texts... and it made it difficult to communicate within the game as I didn't understand what thing I was selecting.

When I entered the Diner things were okay when you have a conversation with Joyce and the subtitles worked fine until the conversation ends and she leaves you to drink your coffee. When she left and the cutscene ended Max was standing up at the table with her arms extended outwards making a T-shape. I couldn't move her, only the view of the game. When I pressed x to drink the coffee it switched back to her sitting down and finishing the drink before instantly putting her back in the unmovable T-shape again. This only stopped when Joyce brought out the food and another cutscene resumed. When Chloe arrived she had an option to speak to her even though it shouldn't and pressing x made her conversation with Max run over the top of the cutscene with Joyce with Max doing the T-shape the whole time. I can't move her at all, meaning the game is stuck at this point with no way past it.

I tried reloading from the last checkpoint, starting the episode over again, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and each time the same thing happens over and over again. This is very frustrating as nothing seems to be working and I did spend a fair bit of money on the game. If anyone knows anything I can do that would be helpful!

SickweeD
4th Sep 2015, 20:41

spiderxk
16th Oct 2015, 02:10

I'm having the same problem over here man!!!!! This is very frustrating. I would go back in time and not buy the game. it's a shame!!!!

dheaps71
16th Oct 2015, 22:51
Has anybody found a fix for this? I bought the game yesterday and now I'm stuck in the diner. I can't interact with Chloe to progress. It's extremely frustrating that I paid $20 for a game that is broken.

quentinduhe
16th Oct 2015, 22:56
Has anybody found a fix for this? I bought the game yesterday and now I'm stuck in the diner. I can't interact with Chloe to progress. It's extremely frustrating that I paid $20 for a game that is broken.

Is it before or after where you have to tell her what happens when Joyce passes?

dheaps71
16th Oct 2015, 23:12
Is it before or after where you have to tell her what happens when Joyce passes?

Max is standing in the T-shaped form after Joyce takes my order. I drink the coffee and Max is sitting and then she's back up in the T-form. When Chloe comes in, I can ask about what's in her pockets and then Max is back outside the booth in the t-form and I can't move her and I'm not close enough to interact with anything. If you can help me fix this, you will be my hero!

quentinduhe
16th Oct 2015, 23:25
Max is standing in the T-shaped form after Joyce takes my order. I drink the coffee and Max is sitting and then she's back up in the T-form. When Chloe comes in, I can ask about what's in her pockets and then Max is back outside the booth in the t-form and I can't move her and I'm not close enough to interact with anything. If you can help me fix this, you will be my hero!

Maybe try restarting episode 2 from a different checkpoint, any one before the diner

dheaps71
16th Oct 2015, 23:50
Maybe try restarting episode 2 from a different checkpoint, any one before the diner

Didn't work. Maybe I'll just try episode 2 from the beginning. Sigh.

quentinduhe
16th Oct 2015, 23:55
I'm sorry :( well if it makes you feel any better, I had to restart the entire game for my glitches.

dheaps71
16th Oct 2015, 23:57
I'm sorry :( well if it makes you feel any better, I had to restart the entire game for my glitches.

Maybe I should do that now before I ge too far ahead.

quentinduhe
16th Oct 2015, 23:58
Good luck. I just want this fixed before Episode 5 comes out.

LLopi33
17th Oct 2015, 01:41
And apart from those solutions (restarting from the beginning and contacting Square Enix support) there is no other solution to this problem? :( or at least these solutions had worked? Because i really wanted to catch up before Episode 5 came up and i can't because i'm stuck with this exact same problem (sorry if i sound redundant, it's just that i couldn't find a solution to this :( )

quentinduhe
17th Oct 2015, 01:59
And apart from those solutions (restarting from the beginning and contacting Square Enix support) there is no other solution to this problem? :( or at least these solutions had worked? Because i really wanted to catch up before Episode 5 came up and i can't because i'm stuck with this exact same problem (sorry if i sound redundant, it's just that i couldn't find a solution to this :( )

I'm restoring my PS3, and if it fixes it I'll let you know. I emailed Square Enix and I'm waiting for a reply. There's also a number you can call but I didn't call them because I have anxiety, but you can try.

dheaps71
17th Oct 2015, 02:04
I deleted that game and started over. I'll let you guys know what happens when I get back to that spot. I also sent an email to Square Enix.

dheaps71
17th Oct 2015, 17:38
It's still glitched after starting a new game. I also uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nada.

LLopi33
17th Oct 2015, 18:51
It's still glitched after starting a new game. I also uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Nada.

oh :( that's sad. I sent an e-mail to Square Enix too and I hope they can give a solution to this

Mrsness
18th Oct 2015, 14:36
I have the exact same problem with this game.. Im stuck at the diner and I dont know what to do. Also uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing works.. I contacted the support and I really hope they can solve this problem. I dont want to waste 20 Euro and I was super excited for episode 5.. -.- bit frustrating..

quentinduhe
18th Oct 2015, 15:01
Ok it happened to me too now. Do the cutscenes play over eachother and are you able to rewind?

Zafffff
18th Oct 2015, 18:03
I just bought the game today and I have the same missing text issue. It makes it impossible to play the game properly. Is there any one that can be contacted about this ?

dheaps71
18th Oct 2015, 21:22
Ok it happened to me too now. Do the cutscenes play over eachother and are you able to rewind?

If I talk to Chloe as she's walking in, the cutscenes do that. Joyce brings breakfast over and she and Chloe talk over each other. Then I'm suddenly stuck where it tells me to rewind then it skips over and repeats the same dialogue over and tells me to rewind. I get stuck in that loop and had to quit.

quentinduhe
18th Oct 2015, 21:38
If I talk to Chloe as she's walking in, the cutscenes do that. Joyce brings breakfast over and she and Chloe talk over each other. Then I'm suddenly stuck where it tells me to rewind then it skips over and repeats the same dialogue over and tells me to rewind. I get stuck in that loop and had to quit.

same for me :/

samhocevar
19th Oct 2015, 08:39
Hi everyone! I have been told the issue should be fixed! There was an issue with the latest patch not downloading properly on PS3 systems. I hope you can all resume enjoying the game and crying in fetal position now :-)

jaywalker2309
19th Oct 2015, 08:41
hehe beat me to it Sam ;)

dheaps71
19th Oct 2015, 23:41
It's fixed! Huzzah! I'm so excited to continue. Thank you, Square Enix!

quentinduhe
20th Oct 2015, 00:20
hehe beat me to it Sam ;)

The dialogue is still broken for me :(

dheaps71
20th Oct 2015, 00:31
This tweet says it will be fixed as soon as the update for episode 5 downloads.

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/656146493561290753

Pablo_Robo
21st Jan 2016, 12:42
I bought the game on PS3 a few days ago (full season) and I have exactly the same problem at the diner - so it hasn't been fixed. Does anybody know when the ep.5 patch comes out?
I guess I'd have the same problem even if I started the game again from ep.1?