PDA

View Full Version : Installation of Episode 2 not recognized?

pekoe212
31st Mar 2015, 01:29
I downloaded episode 2 for PS4 but when I go to the episode selection screen in-game, it says "Download" next to episode 2. If I click on that it takes me to PSN store where it shows I have Ep 2 installed. Same thing if I go to "additional content", takes me to PS store, shows I have ep 2 installed. I didn't know what to do, so i finally uninstalled the game and redownloaded it and the episode 2 add-on at the same time. It doesn't seem to have made any difference. It still only gives me a "Download" button next to Episode 2. Am I missing something really basic here? I purchased the complete season, I've played through episode 1. I can't seem to find any information on this.

julietxjules
31st Mar 2015, 05:46
Hello pekoe212.

I have a PS3 and I'm sure that the store does not differ that much between models; follow these steps and hopefully it might help.

Visit the store in the usual way that you do and when you find thumbnails for LIS look for the one that says "GAME PAGE." Open it and all the currently available episodes will be listed in there. Click on episode 2 and the download link should appear underneath the picture box. That is the download link that you should use.

As an alternative, you could use the LIS menu screen where it says "Play Episodes" and use the episode 2 link to take you the store.

Unless there is something greatly different in the way the PS4 manages its store content everything should be fine.

pekoe212
1st Apr 2015, 03:42
The PSN store page for episode 2 says I have it installed. It's been that way from the beginning. Every store page for this game says "installed." I've never had trouble downloading episode 2, I simply can't launch it from within the game. The "Download" link remains when it should say "Play." It's been a week now and since uninstalling and redownloading the entire game + episode 2 made no difference, I don't know what to do.

julietxjules
1st Apr 2015, 05:46
In truth, I do not know what to say to that. It's obviously something technical and you should contact Sony Customer Support and explain everything to them in the first instance.

ScottBlows
1st Apr 2015, 10:01
Hello,

I recommend contacting Square Enix support about this as they will be able to troubleshoot the problem more effectively for you:

http://support.eu.square-enix.com/main.php?id=11621&la=2&nojump