PDA

View Full Version : Random game crashing "Out Of Time"

julietxjules
28th Mar 2015, 14:39
I play Life is Strange using a PS3. I did not experience any issues while playing "Chrysalis" other than the odd audio crackle, but each and every time I have played "Out of Time" the game has crashed unexpectedly and randomly - meaning not always at the same point. My data is never corrupted because of this and despite the fact that it is a bit irksome when it happens, I simply reboot and continue on with the game and all is fine.

As far as I am able to tell my PS3 is in full, healthy, working order. I have no other issues with games, just this episode.

Now, I noticed that "Chrysalis" had an update patch a few weeks back, so I am thinking - if DONTNOD are made aware of this issue with "Out of Time" on the PS3, then maybe they could look for a solution.

My thanks in advance :)

J

ScottBlows
30th Mar 2015, 11:55
I play Life is Strange using a PS3. I did not experience any issues while playing "Chrysalis" other than the odd audio crackle, but each and every time I have played "Out of Time" the game has crashed unexpectedly and randomly - meaning not always at the same point. My data is never corrupted because of this and despite the fact that it is a bit irksome when it happens, I simply reboot and continue on with the game and all is fine.

As far as I am able to tell my PS3 is in full, healthy, working order. I have no other issues with games, just this episode.

Now, I noticed that "Chrysalis" had an update patch a few weeks back, so I am thinking - if DONTNOD are made aware of this issue with "Out of Time" on the PS3, then maybe they could look for a solution.

My thanks in advance :)

J

Hi Juliet, does the game crash back to your PlayStation Home menu? I'd recommend reporting this issue to Square Enix support https://support.eu.square-enix.com/

They may be able to provide you with some troubleshooting tips!

julietxjules
30th Mar 2015, 14:03
Hello Scott.

When the game crashes everything just freezes and I have to force a shutdown.